grand L series 30 40 ?

/ grand L series 30 40 ? #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
Is kubota building both series or just selling off the last of the 30's? They are both still on kubotas web site?

/ grand L series 30 40 ? #2  
The 30's are out and the 40's are the new!

/ grand L series 30 40 ? #3  
Yeah, the 30's are just moving old stock (some deals?) the 40 is the new star.

/ grand L series 30 40 ? #4  
Lawn King,

Are you trading up? We've all gotten used to you being the touchstone for all B3030 cab issues. I'm sure you use this model more on a day-to-day basis than most here. I would love the cab version of the B3030 and I always read your posts to balance the plus and minus columns on this model.

So, you going bigger?

/ grand L series 30 40 ?
Nothing is etched in stone at this point, the numbers have to work for me. I mean weight-footprint, not dollars. It would help me to gain the extra pto & fel power as well as increase my snow management operations. Its going to take the right situation all around to give up the 3030, thus far its been the right machine & its a joy to operate. One of the big advantages for me jumping up would be the ability to load dump trucks without the hassel of setting up the timber ramps i built to gain fel height. On the other hand i miss my B7500 for working in tight spaces. I really need all 3 machines but i dont want to get devorced! So thats where it stands folks, if this deal works out, you good people will be the first to know. Thanks Scott.

/ grand L series 30 40 ?
I can jump up to the L no problem, its the keeing the 3030, buying a 7510 & a grand L that will land me in divorce court. :D

/ grand L series 30 40 ? #8  
Lawnking, A good way to compare the pressure from the tractor you are looking at to the B3030 you have would be to compare "footprints". Once you know how much area the bigger tires are covering, you can figure out how the pounds per sq in look in comparison to what you are using now. Here is a link to a simple way to check that footprint.
tired weight

The link is for finding the weight of a car from it's footprint, but you can use the cardboard method to find the footprint for your use.

/ grand L series 30 40 ?
Thankx chuck. One other option i have yet to explore is using galaxy tires, do you know anything about them?