JD 5525 now with WR Long Flat Flat Toothbar

/ JD 5525 now with WR Long Flat Flat Toothbar #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
I finally got some pics of my new WR Long flat toothbar on my 5525 bucket. This bar is slick. Flat on the bottom, so I can still back drag flat - not like many of the others out there.

First class people at WR Long. Had to buy it thru the Kubota dealer, but oh well.

Enjoy,
D.

Attachments

• 5525 toothbar 1.jpg
    5525 toothbar 1.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 844
  • 5525 toothbar 2.jpg
    5525 toothbar 2.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 687
   / JD 5525 now with WR Long Flat Flat Toothbar #2  
That's an interesting design. I like the teeth below the bucket lip myself, I have Long's other toothbar It allows me to dig hard ground in a scraping fashion with the bottom of the bucket flat and the teeth still breaking it up. With the flat bar, it seems you'll always be digging in to get any tooth action. But then again, I don't have a backdragging problem with my 4in1 as I use the heel or open it up...WR Long does make great stuff...

/ JD 5525 now with WR Long Flat Flat Toothbar
bjcsc said:
That's an interesting design. I like the teeth below the bucket lip myself, I have Long's other toothbar It allows me to dig hard ground in a scraping fashion with the bottom of the bucket flat and the teeth still breaking it up. With the flat bar, it seems you'll always be digging in to get any tooth action. But then again, I don't have a backdragging problem with my 4in1 as I use the heel or open it up...WR Long does make great stuff...

Good point - I have that other type on my 4720. I figured I had to try something different. :)

D.

/ JD 5525 now with WR Long Flat Flat Toothbar #4  
Well, if I had two running I would do exactly as you did - one on each. BTW, in case you didn't know, Long sells the replacement teeth for those bars at very reasonable prices. I ordered extra with my bar and extras for my stump bucket when I ordered them (no freight that way). Haven't broken any yet(figures since I have spares) Anyway, if you break any you can get them from them...

/ JD 5525 now with WR Long Flat Flat Toothbar #5  
How about a follow up report on that flat tooth bar? I've got 400.00 burning a hole in my pocket :D

/ JD 5525 now with WR Long Flat Flat Toothbar
davitk said:
How about a follow up report on that flat tooth bar? I've got 400.00 burning a hole in my pocket :D

You gotta have a toothbar - they really make a difference. The flatbottom one is nicer for back dragging. I would go that route again.

D.