What are the better/older kubota small 4x4's

/ What are the better/older kubota small 4x4's #1  

artfull dodger

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 420 garden tractor
I have been watching that certain auction site and looking at the cheaper/older Kubota 4x4 models, such as a b4200 4x4. What are the better models or ones, if any, to avoid? The little b4200 sold for 1100, exactly the price range I am looking to spend for one that small, 1000-1500 with 4x4 and while it had a mower deck, I dont need the deck. I didnt have the cash in place to bid on that one so I missed out, but hopefully I will be ready again soon. Thanks Mike

/ What are the better/older kubota small 4x4's #2  
Mike, I had a B6000 a few years ago and replaced it with a B6100 which I still have. The B6000 was a 2 cyl. machine while the B6100 is a 3 cyl. Major difference in the way they felt. The 2 cyl. had quite a bit more vibration. For what it's worth I would focus on 3 cyl. machines, though the 2 cyl. was built with the same quality. Hope this helps.

/ What are the better/older kubota small 4x4's
The old yanmar I had and should have never sold, was a 2 cylinder machine, I dont mind the vibration and different sound. Usualy the older 2 cylinder machines are cheaper to buy. Kind of on a tight budget and needing another small compact, I just want 4x4 this time. Mike

/ What are the better/older kubota small 4x4's #4  
BotaMike, I am not aware of any small older Kubota models that you should avoid. They will all serve you very well, provided they have been properly maintained, and not abused. When you buy your older Kubota, make sure that it comes with the attachments that you need; finding them later on may not only be difficult but expensive as well.

/ What are the better/older kubota small 4x4's #5  
BotaMike, what Ip333 stated is very true, get a tractor with the attachments you want already on it. I have a B1750 that I bought for clearing snow of of sidewalks that came with a front blade and salter and it works great for that job. I now would love to have a FEL and mid mount mower for it (for the summer time). Finding it difficult find them in the "used" market.

Any week spots on the early small 4x4 compacts? I know diesel engines enough to give that part a good once over. Wish I had cash in hand, missed a couple of nice small ones on ebay from that Mcgrew auctions out in Seven Valley PA. Mike

/ What are the better/older kubota small 4x4's #7  
My first tractor, that I had for 13 years, was a B6200 front wheel assist gear trans. Only ever had two fairly minor problems with it, one was for sure not the tractor's fault. My current tractor is a B7610 HST front wheel assist. All I looked for was a new Kubota that was a little bit bigger, HST and power steering. Very happy with my choice.

I would even consider a 2wd one as 4x4 isnt a requirement, but a definant want. I am just feeling really stupid and mad at myself for selling the yanmar. It was the perfect size for my needs. What the %$#%^% was I thinking!!!!

/ What are the better/older kubota small 4x4's #9  
Watch out on craigslist.org some one says he's in NY and advertising on Houston,TX craigslist that he's got a BX23 for $4500. I think i'ts spam. He emailed me back this is what he wrote... You decide!

Thank you for your interest in my 2005 Kubota BX23. The tractor is great, no damage and no hidden defects. I am located in Lyndonville, NY and I have the tractor here with me. I will ship it from here on my expense through DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers). The payment will be handled securely through SafePay Solutions. They will handle the financial part of this transaction, I will only take care of the shipping. If you want to make this purchase, the final price is $4,500 US. I am passing through a divorce with my wife and that's why I'm selling it.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Vince

I am watching a couple of older B series 4x4's on ebay. If this one I like goes for the right price, I will get it. Might need some help as its a bit of a drive to get it, its in NC and I am in NW PA. I like the older B series, small ones like the 5100 ect. Dont need any options, just 4x4 and diesel with ag tires. Cheers Mike