Need help picking a tractor

/ Need help picking a tractor #1  

Buckwacker

We have decided to replace the 8n at the farm.....finally. It was a good tractor, but didn't make work enjoyable. We have settled on Mahindra, but are still unsure of what model. First we were looking at the 4530 FWD. It seemed like it would be plenty of tractor for what we are using it for. We've only got about 20 acres in fields, which we will be hogging, discing, seeding, etc.... for food plots. We also have about 1 1/2 of road that he have to maintain. Anyways, after doing a lot of research of this forum, we are now considering the 5500 or the 5530. Can someone tell me the differences in these two tractors? I can't seem to figure them out. Which one do you think would be a better choice? One of the reasons we were considering bigger is because of the price difference. I have read on a couple threads that it's only about 5 percent between the 4530 and the 5500. Does anyone know what the 5530 goes for with a FEL? Last question.....How much does a FEL usually add to the price of a new tractor. We were quoted 17,735 for a 4530 FWD without any options and before taxes....does that seem about right? 0k, I think that is all my questions......for now! Thanks:D

/ Need help picking a tractor #2  
Where are you located?

That seems a bit high, in my opinion, for a bare 4530.

Front end loaders add around $4000 to the price.

In my opinion, I think a 4530 would be fine for your acreage and jobs you mentioned.

/ Need help picking a tractor
I'm in Eureka Mo. 35 miles southwest of St. louis.

/ Need help picking a tractor #4  
Maybe some other folks on here in your area can chime in....but yea, I still think that's a bit too high.

/ Need help picking a tractor #5  
$17,500 (out the door) is what I just paid for a 5525 w/FEL. I don't know whether or not that's a good deal, but it is what I paid. Please don't tell me I got hosed.

Sounds like you got a lot better deal than this guy is trying to feed us.

/ Need help picking a tractor #7  
Like I was asking above, location has a lot to do with pricing. $17,500 out the door is not a bad price.

In our location I will say we are priced quite a bit lower than what you guys are quoting but we also have 5 or 6 Mahindra dealers within a 100 mile radius, we have to stay competitive with our pricing or we lose sales.

Is it possible that the price was including the FEL? There was one on the tractor, but I just assumed that it wasn't included.

/ Need help picking a tractor #9  
seriously doubt it, sorry

I'd call around to other dealers in your area to see what they are pricing them at.

Didn't think so. I just emailed the dealers within 50 miles of me to see if they could give me some ballpark prices.