MF1533

/ MF1533 #1  

Hoka Hey

I would apprciate any thoughts on a new 1533. I am trading up from an Iseki TL2700F. I have heard that the hydraulics can be an issue with these tractors? Also, is it true that filters and glow plugs are expensive? If any one is familiar with my Iseki, will I be getting much more tractor or should I think about going bigger? Thanks.
*edit* I forgot to mention that the price is $16,900 with FEL for a 'harvest" tractor with 50 hours. It is a MF demo meaning it comes with full factory warrany and 0% financing.

Last edited:
   / MF1533
Anybody with info/opinions? I have searched the forum and noticed a rash of hydraulic issues, have they been resolved? Will I be happy with the syncho shuttle coming from a manual tranny? Is 16,900 a good price for a factory demo unit with 50 hours (50 hour service already performed). Will the 1525 loader be a huge improvement over my Bulldog 285?

/ MF1533 #3  
The price you quoted is a very good price even for a demo. It must be one they need to pay for. The filters for that tractor are around $40.00-$50.00 for the hydraulic (two required), and the engine oil filter around $13.00. We have a lot of the 1533's out there, and I have not seen many problems. You will like the syncro shuttle, it is easy to get used to. (I prefer the power shuttle, works smoother)

/ MF1533 #4  
Yes, very good price. I have seen 1533 hydraulic issues olny on here. None in person. Problems with people not realizing the syncro shuttle system has to be bled after a change, yes, but no other issues. Most around here are Power Shuttles, maybe that has something to do with it? The 1533's I've used worked without a hitch. Loaded alot of round bales with one this past summer, not any issues.

/ MF1533
Thanks guys! I bit the bullet and dropped off my Iseki and signed the papers this morning. The 1533 is a bigger tractor than I expected. I am excited to have it dropped off next week...after they install a block heater and get my box blade in.

/ MF1533 #6  
Afternoon HokaHey,
Congrats on your new MF 1533, thats a great machine as many guys on this forum have one ! Post some pics of your new machine on your property when you can !

Good luck with your new Massey ! :)

/ MF1533 #7  
I have a 1433 (previous version to your 1533, not much difference), I find it to be a heck of a tractor. I've used it very hard and had really zero issues. AT 400 hours the PTO switch died, and that took about 10 minutes to replace. That's been about it.
I find the MF filters are generally cheaper than the NH filters.
I think you'll be impressed, and that's a very good price.

/ MF1533
I noticed when reading the operators manual that only the hydro and power shuttle have the telescoping lower links. The tractor I bought has the telescoping lower links. When I was test driving it I didn't even notice if the range selector lever had 3 ranges instead of 2. I treated it as a synchro shuttle, but could it be a power shuttle trans? Or, does the syncho now come with the telescoping lower links?

/ MF1533 #9  
Hoka...you should be VERY happy with your new purchase. My 1533 does MORE than my dads well maintained 165 (63 hp) due to the 4X4 mostly I think. Did the dealer do the 50 hour service? You're supposed to change the engine/hydro fluids/filters at 50 hours. If you do it, make sure you bleed it well. Otherwise it's big enough to sit comfortable and do all the regular chores, but small enough to just sip the diesel. Have fun!

/ MF1533 #10  
The Syncro shuttle can be ordered with the telescoping lower links. It should be printed on the rear fender what the transmission of your new tractor is.

Enjoy the new tractor!