Anybody get to the Auction last weekend?

/ Anybody get to the Auction last weekend? #1  

jasonf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 2710
Were any of the TBN's at either of the auction last weekend in Upstate NY, Either Macfaddens or Salem ? I went to both and Salem's was very disappointing /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. I then drove to Sharon Springs and Macfaddens was much better. By the time I got there they were half way tru. And of course I missed some really good stuff.

/ Anybody get to the Auction last weekend? #2  
I wasn't there but will be at the Lamb and Webster auction in Springville, NY this Saturday. You can see their listing at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.teitsworth.com/lambwebs.htm>http://www.teitsworth.com/lambwebs.htm</A>

/ Anybody get to the Auction last weekend? #3  
<font color=blue>...Were any of the TBN's at either of the auction last weekend ...</font color=blue>

Yes... didn't you see Richie and I wave... "Hi Jason...fellow TBN'er..." /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

You walked by... must of been in a daze... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Friday, was at Salem Farm and had hotdog's and hamburgers and salad's and got a preview of the auction stuff...

Saturday, was at Jim's enjoying the weather and helping Richie spend money, more money... and... well you get the idea... (love spending op's money...) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The first two TBN'ers that showed up at MacFadden's were given a choice of free TBN hat's and mugs and sweatshirts... well ... you guessed it... Richie and I walked away with loads of stuff... Thanks for the donations Muhammad... /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Anybody get to the Auction last weekend?
John:
Some of the stuff was just crazy. For instance there was a post hole digger (that was from Mary Tyler Moore's estate, no really it was) and it was well used and it was a Leinbach or something with a 6' auger. It went for around $600. I could not beleive it. I was late because I was over at Salem. I did see a NEW Woods backhoe maybe a 6500, and I was too late to bid on it. Do you know how much it went for by any chance? I figured you and Rich might have been there the food cart was running low on hamburgers /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. There were alot of tractors of various sizes upfor sale and some looked to be in good shape at good prices.

/ Anybody get to the Auction last weekend? #5  
<font color=blue>...I figured you and Rich might have been there the food cart was running low on hamburgers ...</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Jason... I'm gonna get you for that... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Ummmm... Mary Tyler Moore...? but she's still alive... does she know she's dead and they had an estate sale without the womans knowledge...? I'll be...

Did you see Richie buy his Oliver 1550...? That was sometime around ~~1 pm...

Was there any bargains up at Salem...? I liked the Servis/Rhino 8' rear blade they had... what did that go for? Actually, there were only about 2 or 3 pieces I was interested in... and it wasn't worth making the trip back there for... so decided on MacFadden's instead...

I spend a fortune there ($1.00)... and it weighed a ton (well maybe about 175 lbs.) and the line was too long, so I left it there... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

What did you end up buying...?

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Anybody get to the Auction last weekend? #6  
I was at MacFadden's auction, got there about 8 and left by 10:30, due to boredom. I was interested in a cultivator and the '66 Ford truck. Anybody see the truck get auctioned off?

I was disappointed with this auction, lots of big tractors, too few implements and quite a large crowd. This was the biggest crowd I've ever seen at one of Jim's auctions.

Well I needed a finish mower, so I went and looked and was the high bid on a Bush Hog 5' ATH-600. It has just a tiny bit of cosmetic rust on the belt cover, but the blades, attachment points and wheel supports are in good shape, I looked up the ATH on Bush Hog's web site and it is described as an 'Air Tunnel Hog'. Is anyone familiar with this model of mover ? The website does not have the manuals for it so I ordered both from Bush Hog over the phone. I hooked it up to my 2710, aside from the color clashing (it is RED), it hooked up fine and seems to run smooth and quiet. So was $700 too much to pay for this? I was thinking that finish movers go for around $1000-1500. I think that this model is just above the economy model, and I think it has a 7 Ga deck. What do you guys think, did I get beat ????

/ Anybody get to the Auction last weekend? #8  
Jason, in '99 I paid $1,695 for a new Bush Hog RDTH60, so it sounds to me like you got a good deal.

Is that the Rear discharge mover ? Not to start a long discussion, BUT this is a side discharge mower, are there advantages to the rear Vs Side discharge ? I'm stuck with what I got, but am curious about the differences. Does one cut any better than the other, Am I correct about the ATH being heavier duty that the econommy models or are they basically the same. The Bush Hog website only says "Ideal for mowing in thicker, damper conditions" Does that mean anything or is it just Marketing mumbo jumbo ? Thanks

/ Anybody get to the Auction last weekend? #10  
Jason, since I've only used the rear discharge, I'd be purely guessing, but my guess is that there wouldn't be much difference in how well they cut; just that in heavy grass the rear discharge probably will leave less windrowing, and of course, with the rear discharge you can mow close to buildings, fences, etc. with either side of the mower instead of just the left side. So, it's a guess only, but I'll bet you'll be happy with that mower.