Another loading tire question (volume of 15X19.5s)

/ Another loading tire question (volume of 15X19.5s) #1  

Wyld Bill

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra
So I think I may go with Propelyne glcol pumped in myself rather than jacking up the tractor, removing the tires, taking them out to the tire place, paying to have them put tubes in & pump in calcium cloride, then trying to load/unload super heavy tires by myself, mount back on tractor.

I just need to figure out:

1. How much the glycol route is going to cost.
1a>How much water can be added to the glycol before it becomes frozen at -
20F(this effects the cost)
1b>How many gallons I would need to fill to 75%

2. Is propelyne glycol damaging to the rubber over time.

3. How am I going to pump it in. (We have chemical pumps & transfer pumps at work so this shouldn't be a problem.

I priced new gylcol & here are the prices:
a 55 gallon drum of -100F is $442 (shouldn't need NEARLY that much though)
5 gallon pails of -50F is $30.54

So anyone know how to figure out how many gallons I will need to "almost" fill two 15X19.5 tires?

What size opening is there on a Mahindra 2615 rim? can you take the stem out from the outside for a larger fill hole?

Also how heavy is P.G.? I know it is heavier than straight water.

/ Another loading tire question (volume of 15X19.5s) #3  
If propylene glycol is normal radiator antifreeze, we normally mix it 50-50 for minus 40. Should be a chart on the containers at any big box store or the Prestone website. If you mix it stronger than 50-50 it still gels at about the same temp for some chemical reason...
Don't leave any open containers where your pets can drink it as it tastes sweet and they will lap it up, then die

/ Another loading tire question (volume of 15X19.5s) #4  
pat32rf said:
If propylene glycol is normal radiator antifreeze, we normally mix it 50-50 for minus 40. Should be a chart on the containers at any big box store or the Prestone website. If you mix it stronger than 50-50 it still gels at about the same temp for some chemical reason...
Don't leave any open containers where your pets can drink it as it tastes sweet and they will lap it up, then die
The normal stuff sold by Prestone, Fleet, etc. is actually ethylene glycol. It does indeed taste sweet and will kill animals.
Propylene glycol is used as antifreeze in RV drinking water systems during winter storage. It is not poisonous. For automotive use an "environmentally friendly" propylene glycol is sold under the name of Sierra if I remember correctly.