Dongfeng DF304G2

/ Dongfeng DF304G2 #1  

shutt40

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1529
Hi
I have been looking around trying to decide what tractor to buy. I really like the new dongfeng G2 series with the syncro shuttle shift, however I can't find a source for one in western Canada or the north western US. Does anyone know of a dealer or importer that would deal with me in the Alberta Canada area? Any info would be greatly appreciated I am ready to purchase just as soon as I can find a source. I have plenty of mechanical experience and would have no problems going with a crate tractor.
Thanks,
Frank Farnsworth

/ Dongfeng DF304G2 #2  
If you can not find a dealer that would be my clue to stay away. What will you do when you need a starter???? Get a Jinma or other popular brand so there will be support.

Chris

/ Dongfeng DF304G2
I have been able to find dealers in Ontario and Nova Scotia also some in the US but none closer to home. I'm not to worried about maintenance, so long as I can get required parts I can do all the repairs myself. I've rebuilt 2 old cockshutt tractors so I have some experience working on things and adapting when you just can't get parts.
Frank

/ Dongfeng DF304G2 #4  
The DF g2 series is the basis for the AgTrac AT3024. This is an outstanding tractor for the money. Frankly, it compares more closely to the Korean brands than to a Jinma. There is a dealer in Idaho... and by the way, If you need a starter, we can ship you one! we have them in stock... Ive personally been around many brands of Chinese tractors since starting my company with Lenar tractors in 2003, then Jinma, farm pro KAMA and now our AgTrac brand and each offers real advantages over the others. (current Lenars are made by DF now as well ). One of the big problems with the Jinma 200 series is that you often have to change both the main shifter and the range when doing forward/backward group. The shuttle option eliminates this but only with 6 forward and 6 reverse and is non synchronized and has a cable operated shifter that creates an non positive shift. With the G2, you get fully synchro 4 speed and synchro forward reverse. The casting quality and machine work is world class.... Go for the Changchai engine, it is direct injection and even has steel fan blades on the fan. I think the Idaho importer posts here from time to time... If not PM me and I'll get you the information.

/ Dongfeng DF304G2
Hi Chip
Your site was what started my quest for a G2 series, if I was closer to you I would have already given you some money. I just love the syncro trans and the other little touches like the pressure relief valve. I managed to find a dealer in Alberta that sells Taskmaster, aka Dongfeng, tractors. I'm just waiting to hear back from them about the new G2 series. If I don't hear back from them or if they are not going to get the G2 I will defiantly need the info for your Idaho dealer. That's still a long way to ship an assembled tractor, do you think he would be willing to ship it crated? Any savings on assembly might offset the shipping. Thanks again for the info. I think the biggest problem your going to have with this new line is keeping them in stock.
Frank

/ Dongfeng DF304G2 #6  
Your are right Frank, and that is exactly why I didn't even think of offering to ship you one from here! I cant get the factory moving fast enough to suit our growing demand from new dealers.... and we havn't even thought about the great northwest yet. The Idaho dealer is importing DF direct from China. Somewhere I have his name and address, or I'll get the factory to tell me if there is anyone closer to you importing these tractors.

/ Dongfeng DF304G2 #7  
I am selling new a 2008 DF304G2 30hp 4x4 tractor. 3cyl diesel. Shuttle Shift. Hyd outlets. 3pt hitch. Roof. Industrial tires. Buy it now before Oct 15th and I will give you a free front end loader ($2400 value). 2 year warranty. Asking only $11,500 with the front loader. I will also consider helping with shipping costs. See more pics at Mohawk Auto Sales - North Adams - Berkshire County. Thanks

/ Dongfeng DF304G2 #8  
Hi, we are dealers of Dongfeng tractors here in Idaho. They are called Field Pro. Our web site is Compact Tractors Of Idaho We currently have both the 254G2 and 304G2. Both are very nice tractors for the money. My email is compacttractors@msn.com or phone number is 208-709-2730. We are located in S. Idaho, but I am certain that we can work something out.
Thanks,
John

/ Dongfeng DF304G2 #10  
Hi. There are four importers in Canada that are "approved" by Dong-Feng. I am one of them but in Alberta, Devonn Tractors is the place. Ray Hillman runs that shop and is very experienced. You can find information about Dong-Feng dealers around the world in the new opened site DongFeng Dealers Association .