Toplink Cutter Toplink Adjustment

/ Cutter Toplink Adjustment #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
My Woods BB60 Toplink Adjustment instructions refer to adjusting the toplink until the cutter is level 'in transport mode', but no where do they define 'transport mode'. What is it?

They also instruct you to attach the toplink to the middle hole but the picture shows the top link attached to the front hole.

5-130813-toplink.jpg

Attachments

• 5-130813-toplink.jpg
    5-130813-toplink.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 120
   / Cutter Toplink Adjustment
Here's a picture of Brad's BB60. Would using the middle hole (circled) provide for more room between the driveshaft and the deck when the deck is raised?

5-130821-toplink.jpg

Attachments

• 5-130821-toplink.jpg
    5-130821-toplink.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 103
   / Cutter Toplink Adjustment #3  
Mike, I'm surprised they want you to adjust to the "transport mode". I would think the adjustment would be more critical in the "cutting mode" to get the right amount of flex. My JD cutter specifies a couple of inches of flex in the "cutting mode" with no mention of the attitude in the "transport mode". I do like the important note at the bottom. That is good info that my manual does not state /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Rob, I thought that was odd as well. Here are all the sections dealing with attaching and adjusting. The steps I highlighted seem contradictory.

5-130847-instruct.jpg

Attachments

• 5-130847-instruct.jpg
    5-130847-instruct.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 97
   / Cutter Toplink Adjustment #5  
That is odd. Your "Figure 2" is pretty much like my manual except that is where mine specifies the adjustment. If I recall, mine calls for 2" of drop in the top link floating link to allow for cutter pivot relative to the tractor. Not sure what to think of this /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

BTW, how do you do the inline images in the same post as the attachment? I tried that with the "ain't it True" but couldn't get it to work /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>BTW, how do you do the inline images in the same post as the attachment? I tried that with the "ain't it True" but couldn't get it to work </font color=blue>

1. Create message
2. Add Attachment
3. Post
4. Read message
5. Click on Attachment
6. Copy Attachment URL (http://www.tractorbynet.com.....)
7. Edit message
8. Uncheck 'Mark As Edited' box
9. Add {image}image URL from Step 6{/image} to end of message.
10. Repost