Wheel spacers

/ Wheel spacers #1  

Tim M

Bronze Member
I did some searching for info on wheel spacers and did not come up with much. Several others have mentioned the desire to have them for more stability on hilly terrain.

Do they void the warranty on the axles or bearings?

What is a reasonable/practical width? I was thinking about 4" each.

What about fronts? I have a CK30 with R4's and the fronts are narrower than the backs. I would think front spacers would make the most difference.

Anybody have any experience with how much they help? What sort of slope increases do they allow?

These are 2 possible sources I found by searching our forum:

Johnston Equipment, LLC
1617 Berlin Road
Weston WV 26452
304-269-5155
$400.00 installed for the 4" spacers(rears on a CK20)

WheelAdapter.com - Wheel Spacers, Wheel Adapters, Used Wheels

Any others? Rick?

Thanks,
Tim

/ Wheel spacers #2  
I would be carefull with them on the front because of the weight to size difference...what I mean is you are working with half the size of lug nuts and studs.
The rear I would say that 102" is wide enough any thing bigger than that and you will need a permit to get it down the road:D

I think on the front your tire would come in contact with the loader bearing box..I don't thing the fronts are a good idea.

/ Wheel spacers #4  
Tim M said:
What about fronts? I have a CK30 with R4's and the fronts are narrower than the backs. I would think front spacers would make the most difference.

Adding width to the fronts will do you no good for stability. The front axle oscilliates so all stability (until the front axle hits the frame stops) is dependent on the rear axle. I would think by the time you get to frame stops you would already be headin' to the house for new shorts.

/ Wheel spacers #5  
Well on my 3054 I spaced out the fronts by just turning the front wheels around(and swapping sides of course) I don't have a loader on my tractor but I do have a lot of hills the I mow and having the wider wheel base up front makes me feel a lot better.

Thud

/ Wheel spacers #6  
I would think front spacers would make the most difference.

Drive backwards! :D