Brake Pedal Glue

/ Brake Pedal Glue #1  

SLOBuds

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L35
I've tried 3 different glues trying to get the rubber cover to stick to my brake pedal. The rubber pad which sets on top of the metal pedal.

Anyone have luck with a particular product?

This is the right brake pedal. The left brake pedal has no issue with sticking. The clutch has no issue. Only one with issue is ME! :p

Thanks.

/ Brake Pedal Glue #2  
Try spilling some coke on it an let it dry. Everything sticks to that especially when you don't want it to.:)
Seriously though, have you used silicone sealer? Clean pedal with metal brush on angle grinder and spread a thin film on it. Let it dry very slightly and stick the (clean) rubber to it. That might work.

/ Brake Pedal Glue #3  
Clean the area with alcohol, let dry and use 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive... (the yellow glue)

It is one of the greatest general purpose adhesives for many things and it makes me look good on the job a least a couple of times a week...

/ Brake Pedal Glue #4  
Gorilla Glue. Sticks anything together.

Brad

/ Brake Pedal Glue #5  
Yeah, Gorilla Glue is readily available and should work pretty good. I use a polyurethane adhesive on EVERYTHING and am always happy. Urethane and polyurethane adhesives are a big improvement (IMO) over silicone based adhesives.

/ Brake Pedal Glue #6  
One source for polyurethane in a caulk tube is PL adhesives, it comes in black, white, or grey and is used for roof flashing, caulking around windows, or al. siding.

/ Brake Pedal Glue #7  
I would try "Goop" It's strong and flexible. You could make a brake pedal pad out of that stuff.
I've alos heard Gorilla Glue is good.

/ Brake Pedal Glue #8  
I've used contact cement in some exterior applicatipns with good success.

/ Brake Pedal Glue #9  
I will second contact cement, follow the directions, and it will bond correctly.

/ Brake Pedal Glue #10  
goup is good close it up before it skins over less than 1 min but tough stuff.