1972 Mitsubishi R2500

/ 1972 Mitsubishi R2500 #1  

seapotato

so what's the scoop on these. is it even possible to get parts for them anymore?

one for sale locally, probably 2g's or less, it's been for sale for a while. has loader, and a recently rebuilt clutch that slips. ( probably oil on it)

probably means rear main seal on engine I'd think.

I suspect this is one to avoid, but figgered I'd ask.

thanks,
ryan

/ 1972 Mitsubishi R2500 #2  
I have a R1500 and I can attest that it's pretty much impossible to get parts for it. The R1500/R2500 were sold about the same time, and as far as I know have the distinction of NOT being gray market tractors.

On the bright side, I only paid $500 and it included a 40" brush hog. It has also taught me a lot about repairs and improvising things to make it work. In the process of repairing it, I was impressed with Mitsubishi's engineering which convinced me to go with a Mahindra 2015 which is also made by Mitsubishi.

If you do decide to get it, just know what you're getting into.

/ 1972 Mitsubishi R2500 #3  
A & T Parts & Rebuilders Valley Power. try the last url it has some interesting facts about mitsu tractors.parts for these tractors are not cheap.a key cost 25 bucks.or u can substitute the switch with 2 keys for about the same price.

/ 1972 Mitsubishi R2500
srjones said:
If you do decide to get it, just know what you're getting into.

thanks for the replies, I think I'll give it a miss....;)

/ 1972 Mitsubishi R2500 #5  
if you can fix it yourself.why dont you e mail sheaftractor@grics.net> and get a price on the seals and clutch.plus get prices on a john deere and replacement parts. a new front loader starts at about 3500 dollars.do the math.