Satoh S650G tractor

/ Satoh S650G tractor #1  

Devil-Dog

Tractor
John Deer 1050 & its 4 SALE
Im trying to HELP my fiancee with HER Satoh. Shes owned this tractor for 4 yrs and she just bought a BRAND NEW Bush Hog to go behind it. I got it all hooked up for her and the PTO kicks butt as far as turning the blades BUT,,,The 3 pt hitch WONT raise NOR lower the bush hog more than an inch or so. She says thats ALL the tractor EVER did raise or lower since she owned it. I know it should raise or lower more than that but Im no tractor person either. Any help would be appreciated,,,Thanks
Devil-Dog,,,,Yes it does raise and lower BUT,,,NO MORE than an inch or so

/ Satoh S650G tractor #2  
hey dude i would like to help you out. but i would like to know if the hitch goes up all the way without the bush hog connected? my first guess would be that the spool valve that is connected to the lever that you use to lift is not adjusted correctly.go to Valley Power click on parts and look for three point hitch.this may help you to understand how it works.

/ Satoh S650G tractor #3  
Yep talk to Valley, my 650 3pt will pull the front of the tarctor off the ground if the load is too heavy.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
No,,,,,Even when the bush hog isnt hooked up,,,,it still goes up and still goes down but STILL only about an inch or two either way??????? Glad you great people out here are helping someone NEW like me who isnt knowledgeable about these OLD tractors
Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog

/ Satoh S650G tractor #5  
I have 2 650Gs, and I would check 3 things first. I have had this issue before, and it was a simple fix.

1) Make sure the reservoir is topped off with HYDRAULIC fluid (not gear oil). The fill port is directly under the drivers seat.

2) Check the wire screen filter to make sure it is not clogged. The filter is located on the right side of the tractor, just below the drivers seat on the side of the hydraulic reservoir.

3) After checking both of the above.....top off hydraulic fluid, remove the brushhog, start the tractor, put the lift lever in the UP position, then physically pick up the lift arms as far as you can lift them and hold them up for a few seconds (they are not that heavy, and should lift smoothly with no binding). Then let go of them. If they stay up, then fluid is moving into the piston and we can go from there. If they fall right back down...it can be a lot of different things. (pump, valve body, piston, seals,etc)

Try these and report back with what you find.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
Thanks B/8
I will try this Saturday when I go spend the weekend with my Fianceee and get back to ALL of you,,,This FORUM is the best for people like ME whos starting out in the tractor business of trying to fix thing ourselves...ALL you guys ROCK
semper-Fi
Devil-Dog

/ Satoh S650G tractor
Ok so I couldnt wait for Saturday,,lol I DROPPED the BUSH HOG,,,,started the tractor,,,,,raised the arms MANUALLY and yes they DID NOT stay up ALL THE WAY but they did stay up where they normally stay. ALSO,,,what I did find was the oil is leaking out the seal by one of the arms and it smelled like GEAR oil and hydraulic fliud but I looked EVERYWHERE and DID NOT see a screen filter ANYWHERE??????I aslo stood on these arms while operating them and it DID raise me a lil higher than it did when the hog was hooked up. I aslso found these numbers on the side of the mitsubitsi motor block if they will help any,,,,,,013530 and on the other side of the tractor I found the data plate stating it was indeed a Satoh S650G tractor made by Satoh....Where do I go from here besides FLUSHING out the hydraulics and replacing the leaking seal by the ONE arm....And refilling with a GOOD HYDRAULIC oil till FULL?????? thanks for ALL the support you guys are giving......Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog:eek:

/ Satoh S650G tractor #8  
you did well.however you did not report on the level of the fluid.the screen is normally inside the case on the side mentioned.you have to unbolt the bolts on the plate there.setup a 5 gal bucket there and remove the plate.you may have to dig a hole to fit the bucket there.when the plate is removed oil will come gushing out of it.in that opening you should find the screen.carefully remove and wash with solvent using a soft brush.you should have more than half bucket of oil.

/ Satoh S650G tractor #9  
The serial number you really need to locate and post is on the transmission case right beside your left foot (as you are sitting in the tractor seat). That number will give us an idea of what year the tractor was made. From there, one can determine if the tractor has a draft control valve body (external - found on the older models), or the internal valve body(found on later models).

The filter screen retainer on these tractors looks like a large bolthead on the side of the reservoir. When you unscrew the "bolt" you will discover that the filter is attached to it. There are o-ring seals on it, so it may offer some resistence to coming out.

Hydraulic capacity is just over 1 gallon. Universal hydraulic fluid works great and it's around $35 for 5 gallons (use the "extra" to flush the system a couple times).

If you have a leaky seal, odds are it's low on fluid. FYI- that particular seal would NOT prevent the lift from working if you have plenty of fluid. I'd also feel safe in saying that the filter is clogged. Anytime the lift on mine gets slow or jerky, I know it's time to clean the filter.

/ Satoh S650G tractor
Thanks Guys a million. Yes Fliud is LOW but everytime I try and FILL it up,,,,It keeps POURING out the SEAL by the LEFT ARM ONLY...Found the serial number for HER tractor and nameplate says SATOH MANUFACTURING Company and serial number where you said it would be is......S-650G-001031. Now that YOU guys know the SERIAL NUMBER maybe someone can HELP me find this FILTER,,What type of filter and how to remove it,,clean it and replace it. I also wrote Vpower 2 emails asking about these seals to replace on both arms BEFORE I try filling up again. Havent heard from Vpower since I emailed them a couple days ago. I also need a Starter key switch for this Very tractor but on the back of THIS key switch She has 5 push on lugs rotated in a clock position . Also I need a selinoid for her starter cause hers is shot and a NEW or used NICE one,,,,STEERING WHEEL,,,,If I can afford all stated parts described here,,,Her tractor NOW runs like a sewing machine,,,,Sweet,,Thanks again for all the AWESOME help and responses
Semper-Fi
Devil-Dog