Selling / Pricing?

/ Selling / Pricing? #1  

chim

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, Ford 1210
I will be selling my older compact soon, and decided I need a "beater" 3PH mower of some kind. I can't decide whether to keep the old 3PH finish mower from the tractor I want to sell, or get a cheap rotary mower. I could get the rotary mower and give the buyer a choice of decks? What I end up with for a beater isn't really that important, just something to knock down the vegetation (can't call most of it grass). I haver a nice new finish deck that I really don't want to subject to what happens to it on about 3 acres of Mom's place. I thought this may be a good excuse to get a rotary, and then I'd have one for the few times I get into the really coarse stuff. What are your thoughts?...........chim

/ Selling / Pricing? #2  
Chim,
Here is my 2 cents worth. I would recommend buying a 4' rotary mower for your B7500 since...

(1) you have two finish mowers (according to your profile), of which one might be sold with your older tractor,
(2) you don't have a rotary mower (and could probably use one),
(3) you can buy a new rotary mower for nearly the same price of a "beater" finish mower ($500-$600), and
(4) the newer rotary mower will most likely outlast the "beater" finish mower.

Kelvin

/ Selling / Pricing?
Kelvin, thanks. That's my favorite option................chim