Can't disconnect hydraulic hoses

/ Can't disconnect hydraulic hoses #1  

pitt_md

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5000
I have a Kubota MX5000. I had a rear hydraulic control instaled so i can use a grapple. I pluged in the hoses to test out the grapple but I had put them in bass-ack-wards. Now I can not get them out! Whats the secret? I have tried letting off any preasure by turning off the tractor and moving the control lever back and forth.

/ Can't disconnect hydraulic hoses #2  
I would guess it is a pressure issue as well. Try loosening a fitting enough to release some oil from the lines , it shouldn't take much.

/ Can't disconnect hydraulic hoses #3  
Do they have 'jerk out' couplers.. or couplers with sleaves that have to be pulled back to release.

soundguy

/ Can't disconnect hydraulic hoses
Soundguy said:
Do they have 'jerk out' couplers.. or couplers with sleaves that have to be pulled back to release.

soundguy

I would not know a jerk out coupler from my elbow. They press in and there is a spring effect inside the remote. Once in they stay in. I used a friends cultipacker that had hydraulic controled wheels. I had a hard time with that too but after a while I was able to get them to come off. They did put a fine mist oil in the air when they released though.

/ Can't disconnect hydraulic hoses #5  
if they are like the remote on my FIL's L3830 they are the jerkout kind, you "Just" pull them out. what worked for me was to shut the tractor off, run the remote back and foward to release the pressure and then jerk, hard, harder than I would have thought necessary, but yeah.

Aaron Z

/ Can't disconnect hydraulic hoses #6  
If you have the standard female pioneer coupler, it is spring loaded. You have to push in on the outer ring and then pull the hose out. If it will not come out, you have to release the pressure in that line. Move the lever that gets its fluid from that line and it should release the pressure. Make sure the tractor is off, wear safety glasses and leather gloves, lay a rag or towel over the connector as you take it out. If you still have any pressure in there, it can penetrate your skin and cause a nasty condition. After you get it out, take the end of the coupler, wrap a rag around it, and push it against something away from your body, like the draw bar, and release the pressure in the line to the grapple. If you connected it when it was cool, and then got hot, the fluid will expand in the line. This is also true after you disconnect it. I tried to hook up my hay rake the other day and could not get the couplers to go in the remote. I had to hit it pretty hard on the draw bar to release the pressure, and if I did not have it wrapped in a rag, it would have sprayed everywhere. Be careful to protect your eyes and skin.

/ Can't disconnect hydraulic hoses #7  
I don't know what my Mahindra remote couplers are called, and they don't have an outside collar to pull back, but to release them you first push in and then pull out. Very easy, they will not pull out without first pushing them in. There are several types of quick disconnects, you just need to know what type so that you know what to do to get them apart.;)

Hopefully one of us has helped you.

/ Can't disconnect hydraulic hoses #8  
Pioneer couplers can be released by sliding the sleeve either in or out.
I installed breakaway couplers so that the hose will pull out anyway - supposedly, although it would have to be a DIRECT pull.

To be SURE that the pressure is bled off;
Turn off the tractor (obviously), lower the bucket, float the bucket and leave the lever detented in float, exercise the control for whatever it is you are trying to disconnect.
Do all this BEFORE trying to disconnect ANY couplings.

Then just push on the hose, push the sleeve back and then pull on the hose.
It may sound weird, but pushing the hose IN before pushing the sleeve back often makes it a bit easier.