Tires 8.3-24 R4 Max Tire Pressure

/ 8.3-24 R4 Max Tire Pressure #1  

hbaird

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma JM200LE
I am using 8.3-24 R4 tires I bought new from a local used Yanmar dealer. There is no max pressure rating on the tires. I am running 35psi. Does anyone know what the max pressure might be. Any estimate would help.
hbaird

/ 8.3-24 R4 Max Tire Pressure #2  
It may be listed in BAR instead of PSI

/ 8.3-24 R4 Max Tire Pressure #4  
I was told by a family owned tire shop that worked on a lot of tractor tires to run 12lbs on the rear tires.

/ 8.3-24 R4 Max Tire Pressure
Thanks for the replies. There no max pressure shown in any foremat. I have a backhoe on the back and to reduce sidewall bulge I am up to 35psi.
I will try to reduce the pressure after I have a chance to see the footprint.
hbaird

/ 8.3-24 R4 Max Tire Pressure #6  
Thanks for the replies. There no max pressure shown in any foremat. I have a backhoe on the back and to reduce sidewall bulge I am up to 35psi.
I will try to reduce the pressure after I have a chance to see the footprint.
hbaird

My manual says max front 35psi and rear max 40 psi. Very hard ride so I would like to know how low can I run them?

/ 8.3-24 R4 Max Tire Pressure #8  
My 9.5/9 24 Ricer's 15psi. I'm also useing Tubes. Never had a problem or had to add any air in almost 7 yrs.

/ 8.3-24 R4 Max Tire Pressure #9  
35 PSI seems to be what the max pressure was on my Yanmar 4220 front tires per the tire info stamped into the tire.(cant recall the size but it had ricer tires on it) I run about 25 PSI on my Kubota B26 with the back hoe. Otherwise on most tractors 12-15 PSI is plenty and provides good bar tread contact without excess squatting so you have much better traction than with an overinflated tire.

/ 8.3-24 R4 Max Tire Pressure #10  
Your front tires should be run close to max pressure for loader work, less if you don't have a loader. Rear tires can be 15-20 lbs. but you may need a little higher pressure depending on what you have on the 3 pt. for weight.