cub cadet 2160 leveling?

/ cub cadet 2160 leveling? #1  

briggsman

Hey guys, I am new to this forumand have been reading as a guest for months. I just recieved a cub cadet 2160 with the AGS (AutoGearSystem), 16 hp briggs vanguard and a model 301 (48") deck and 485.9 hours on it. since recieving it i have changed all fluids (gear oil, Engine oil etc.) and greased and lubricated all of the necessary points. Also i have since replaced the deck wheels and deck drive belt. so now i have tried leveling the deck MULTIPLE TIMES :mad: by the rules and i think the front bracket on the deck (where the drawbar mounts to) is worn out but my brother thinks that is is the implement list springs holding the back of the deck up.

I guess what my question is: Is there any parts that may be worn or bent that would cause the deck to sit higher in the back than it does in the front or it this just the way these cubs naturally sit?

/ cub cadet 2160 leveling? #2  
Do you have the tires at the correct pressure?

/ cub cadet 2160 leveling?
yes what i am asking is why does the deck sit 1 inch lower on the front when it is raised all the way and when i go to lower it it is also 1 inch lower on the front.

/ cub cadet 2160 leveling? #4  
Had a 2160 for years. If I remember correctly, the rear arms are adjustable up and down. The front "U" shaped mount & pins do wear, but should no affect the height of the deck. In addition, the front mounting is non adjustable.

my rear mounts are adjusted all the way down and thefront mount is adjustable by tightning up the drawbar in the front.

anyone:confused:

/ cub cadet 2160 leveling? #7  
Cuppla things:

Make sure your front AND rear tire sizes/pressures are correct per your manual. Too much/too little can affect mower level.

Make sure the "flat area" you are placing the tractor on is indeed flat. Not hard for a variation of an inch or so to be present.

When measuring/adjusting the deck, are you using the bottom of the blade tips per the manual to measure from (versus the deck's lips)...

If you're doing all the things above, then mebbe time to have a shop or knowledgable person to look the machine over...

Thank you for the advise and i have one more question......... Is it normal that the lift lever has alot of spring pressure to lower it and is VERY easy to lift it? I dont even have to pull to lift it. I already have the lift assist spring almost all the way loosened.

/ cub cadet 2160 leveling? #10  
On my 2160, the deck lever definitely needs downward pressure to lower and not nearly as much pressure to lift it. I know the lift assist is adjustable, but I've never played with it.