BX 25 front loader installation problems

/ BX 25 front loader installation problems #1  

Bill Shenefelt

Tractor
Kubota BX24
When I try to install the front loader one side of the tractor mount raises from its seat and jumps out before the unit rocks up to install both pins. I had the dealer try it and he claimed that one of the frame mounted brackets was bent. I straightened both sides so that they were perpendicular with the frame and aligned in width with the loader. Still jumps out while rocking into place by lifting the bucket. I move the tractor up to the loader and tilt the bucket to lower the support poart of the mower into the cradle. As I raise the bucket to rock into pin alignment one side raises from the support cradle and jumps out. The loader is 1 1/2 months out of warrenty but I do have the kubota insurance. Any ideas?

/ BX 25 front loader installation problems #2  
Bill Shenefelt said:
The loader is 1 1/2 months out of warrenty but I do have the kubota insurance. Any ideas?

Not sure on the issue but are you sure its a BX 25? My understanding is they are just now getting delivered to dealers and most dealers dont even have them yet. Not sure how a BX 25 would be out of warrenty already as it would be less than 30 days old.

/ BX 25 front loader installation problems #3  
There are stops at the top of the post that force the loader to stay in place, check and make sure they are not broken off. Have you done this easliy in the past?

/ BX 25 front loader installation problems #4  
txkevin said:
Not sure on the issue but are you sure its a BX 25? My understanding is they are just now getting delivered to dealers and most dealers dont even have them yet. Not sure how a BX 25 would be out of warrenty already as it would be less than 30 days old.

Good point! It must be a BX24.

/ BX 25 front loader installation problems #5  
MessickFarmEqu said:
There are stops at the top of the post that force the loader to stay in place, check and make sure they are not broken off. Have you done this easliy in the past?

Sometimes when you relieve the pressure the lift cylinders suck in a bit. All you need to do is try to raise the loader a tiny amount which forces the lower pin mount back against the frame so it can drop in below the stops of which Neil speaks.

/ BX 25 front loader installation problems #6  
I ususally have to fight my loader to get it on. But Ihave found a bit of a secret to making it a little less painful. First, level ground is great (that's not the secret).

1. When tipping (curling) the bucket down, pull down on the stick and push the bottom back up against the mount if you notice that it is starting to raise up.
2. Sometimes I notice that I am not always in alignment with the mounting brackets, so I will drive the tractor slowly forward (steering to align it) to straighten it out if I need to.

That's been my way for the last several times, and seem to work pretty well. May not be much of a secret, but since no one bothered to show me how to do it, that's what I call it.

Also, I have found that the hydraulics that raise/lower the bucket will move at different amounts if there is not an obstruction. This has cause me a lot of pain and agony. Again, that is where I drive into the mounts lowering the buckets till they are both fully retracted.

BTW, the first two times I put the loader on, it went on smooth as silk, after that, it never was much fun.