Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #2  
I have an Ammbusher DL66. It works pretty good but I wish I had spent the extra money for the Davco. The blades are exposed on the Davco for the full width, the ammbusher has the small door for taking down bigger material. I think for heavier brush the Davco could just keep moving forward where the Ammbusher needs to be "worked" forward and backward to get bigger material down...

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #3  
FYI saw a used DAVCO 604SS for sale with brand new blades in Jax/Gaineseville craigslist for 3800 obo....Said 7 months old-cost 7900 new..deal??

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #4  
The USMower that my father runs on a KX 080 excavator has been nothing but problems (this is the second one with issues). The bearing casting has broken 3 times now with only 20 hours or so on the unit. The previous mower wore through the drum from the knives hitting it. That was on a Kubota 161.

The primary problem he has had with both was lack of dealer support, not sure how USMower is going to be to deal with direct, but he is going to find out Monday morning.

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #5  
I think the excavator flails are a different animal....

The brush hound I have is also weak and broke many bearings (guessing 10+). I found a bearing with a stainless flange and it has gone a long time without a problem.

It does a decent job and there really isn't any other options in that price range for a mini...

I wouldn't judge a companies rotary mowers by how their flails hold up.

Also the US Mower is 60" cutting, Ammbusher is 66" and the Davco is 72".

Last edited:
   / Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #6  
I have a brand new Davco High Flow for sale if you are interested. It works great, but does not fit into my current roll...

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #7  
I can't speak on the ammbusher but I ran Davco for quite some time.

It is a tough mower, lots of force but it doens't mulch the material very fine since the blades are so short.

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco
So if my main concern is getting more done in a day than a nice finished mulch product, Davco is the way to ?

What size skid steer would be recommended for these mowers?

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #9  
The davco isn't all that heavy. Just make sure it's motor is rated for the hydraulics you will be attaching it to. I imagine any brand large frame loader would be acceptable since Davco's aren't that hard on the system. If I remember correctly, it doesn't even have a case drain.

Make sure you get lexan. Davco and other can and do eject material or sling it and it can bounce off trees. Glass will not last very long and will not stop missiles.

/ Ammbusher,U.S. Mower, Davco #10  
How about those flail mowers with fixed teeth like the Bobcat? Can they really handle 3" material and also deliver near finish lawn quailty?

jmf