BX23 3pt Hitch

/ BX23 3pt Hitch #1  

BigD23

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23 TLB
Going to take the BH off my BX23 for the first time and install my 3pt hitch...Wondering if anyone has some good pics they could share of their BX23 3pt hooked up...Want to see how it attaches to the tractor...Thank you.

Don

/ BX23 3pt Hitch #2  
BigD23 said:
.Wondering if anyone has some good pics they could share of their BX23 3pt hooked up..

.Want to see how it attaches to the tractor...Thank you.

Don
I have pictures of my BX1500 posted here on TBN.
You might take a look at them to see if they tell you anything Just do a search on lbrown59.

/ BX23 3pt Hitch #3  
My BX 24 operator manual has a pretty good picture of what this looks like installed. You may want to check that. It also gives some guidance regarding how tight or loose to get the sway thingybobs ( that is the technical term of course).

/ BX23 3pt Hitch #4  
Search Youtube for BX 24 backhoe removal. Messicks was nice enough to put a video up. They have the removal and installation. One recommendation. When you get the backhoe off, block it up tight. It wll leak down otherwise and make the installation a PITA. Just speaking from experience. There is also a therad on here of some guy selling a dolly for the backhow. Looks good, don't know the price.
The 3PH installation is easy. The manual has a decent prcture. Just don't forget the D shaped bushings. Once you mount your implement, take it to level ground and level out the 3PH. Then your off and running.

Good luck, Ed

/ BX23 3pt Hitch #5  
Don't have any pic's but once you get the BH off, you'll pretty much see how it connects up.
Basically, this is how I do it and I do it quite often.

1) place the lower lift arms onto the two piece pins located just above the tow hitch hole in the rear subframe. The lower lift arms have the ball joints at each end. Slide one lift arm onto the pin one at a time. The large pin is split just for this reason - to be able to mount/dismount the 3PH arms. One side of the larhe pin is longer than the other and this is normal.

2) Place the plate that the turn buckles are connnected to onto the same pins as the lower lift arms slid on to. The plate will "cup" the large pins. This plate is what keeps the lower lift arms in place on the large pins.
From the bottom of the plate push the small pin (has a shoulder and a hole through the skinny part) up through the hole in the plate then put the spring clip in this pin to keep it from falling back out. The large part of the small pin should be on the botton of the plate and the skinny part should extend through the hole in the plate to just above the plate. The spring clip hole should be just above the top of the plate. This keeps the plate in place on the large lift link attachment pins.

3) Pin the vertical lift rods into the upper 3ph lIft arms (these are the arms that are permanently attached to the tractor and is whats lifted or dropped via the 3PH control lever.
The 3PH is now attached and ready to work.

It is a tooless procedure (except to lock down the turnbuckles) and only takes a few minutes to do once you've got it figured out.

I keep my BX23's 3ph on a std furniture dollie when I have the BH mounted and this makes it alot easier to mount/dismount. The 3PH assembly probably weighs in at approx 70lbs or so so it can give you fits muscleing it around, hense the dollie.

Good luck

/ BX23 3pt Hitch #7  
asylum575 said:
Search Youtube for BX 24 backhoe removal. Messicks was nice enough to put a video up. They have the removal and installation. One recommendation. When you get the backhoe off, block it up tight. It wll leak down otherwise and make the installation a PITA. Just speaking from experience. There is also a therad on here of some guy selling a dolly for the backhow. Looks good, don't know the price.
The 3PH installation is easy. The manual has a decent prcture. Just don't forget the D shaped bushings. Once you mount your implement, take it to level ground and level out the 3PH. Then your off and running.

Good luck, Ed

The Backhoe Dolly can be seen at BXpanded.com Price is $159 plus shipping. There's a link to Youtube videos in the Demo heading.

/ BX23 3pt Hitch #8  
I just recently installed my 3PH, (new, still in the box) on my BX23. It went pretty straightforward, and I had no previous experience with 3PH's. I don't recall any problems, other than breaking the paint seal on the heim joints for the first time to get the implement hitch pins in.

About 2 seconds after that, I ordered up the Pat's EZ Change system...

/ BX23 3pt Hitch
Riptide23 said:
I just recently installed my 3PH, (new, still in the box) on my BX23. It went pretty straightforward, and I had no previous experience with 3PH's. I don't recall any problems, other than breaking the paint seal on the heim joints for the first time to get the implement hitch pins in.

About 2 seconds after that, I ordered up the Pat's EZ Change system...
Thanks Riptide23....I've been using my BH for quite a while and decided to take it off and put my 3pt hitch on...What I'm hoping to find are some pictures of the 3pt. hitch mounted on/at the tractor so I can see the "factory" installation.

Don

/ BX23 3pt Hitch #10  
BigD23 said:
Thanks Riptide23....I've been using my BH for quite a while and decided to take it off and put my 3pt hitch on...What I'm hoping to find are some pictures of the 3pt. hitch mounted on/at the tractor so I can see the "factory" installation.

Don
Here are pictures of my BX1500 showing the attached 3 point hitch.
Hope this helps.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1414439-post1.html
click on thumb nails for larger picture.