Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump?

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Anyone own a Honda WX10 Portable Water Pump?

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #2  
wx10.jpg

dont own one, but generally have heard good things about them.

make shure your getting one to do what its ment to do and not something else.

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump?
Occasional summer use... and emergency back-up.

I've got a very brook fed pond 7 x 20 that I would like to be able to pull water from to water a few fruit trees and wet down the trail I'm making...

Nearest electrical power is 500' away.

The picture of the WX10 I'm looking at is not the same as the one above???

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/Images/Models/WX10_250x250.jpg

Last edited:
   / Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #4  
   / Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #5  
Honda makes pretty good engines so I would imagine it will do what you want. I Have a WMP20 and really like it, fires right up every time. The one thing I don't like is it has a metal fuel tank which of course is all corroded but hasn't caused any problems... yet. Biggest downside to these is like with the generators.. you use them so infrequently that alone can cause problems.

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #6  
Don't know the pump, but be sure to make sure you only buy a Honda engine from a supplier you trust. I heard that China has been making exact copies of Honda small engines with inferior metal that doesn't last very long. If you go for parts and they run a serial number, you will find out if it's a fake or not.

Good luck,
Eddie

Thanks guys...

I never thought about the counterfeit angle...

I'm off to jury duty ;-(

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #8  
ultrarunner said:
Thanks guys...

I never thought about the counterfeit angle...

I'm off to jury duty ;-(

The counterfeitrs are easy to spot. They are frequently found at places like Kragens auto parts on small motorized stuff they sell. If you buy a new Honda engine (red cowling and white tank) and pay less than $200, your not getting a legitimate Honda.

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #9  
I've owned a WX10 for several years. Used it to water 100 newly planted pine trees with pond water. I used it all summer to water the trees during a summer drought. The output fitting is made for a garden hose. It's a great little pump! I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. Don't know what else you want to know. It just runs with the first pull. Mike57

Honda must have had a significant price increase since last year. Local Dealers are at list price or higher.

I've been surfing the net looking for prices... lots of sellers, no pricing...

Seems it is against Honda's Franchise agreement to advertise price on the net?