Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog.

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog. #1  

swampvol

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota l3400HST TLB
I know the best way to dull out you lawn more blades is by cutting wet grass, but what about a bushog's blades?
Being that they are blunt to begin with, does cutting when wet hurt the blades in anyway? Should I worry about the bottom of the deck??

Faye just won't go away!:mad:

Thanks.

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog. #2  
Afternoon Swampvol,
The difference between finish mowing and rough mowing is that your rough mower blades are not really knive sharp ! Your more or less beating the weeds and grasses down rather than actually cutting ! With that said it probablly doesnt make much of a difference on the cut quality. Where your going to find a difference is what you leave behind after you pass over the field with the brush hog. Your going to get more clumping and the overall result wont be as pleasing after the job is done IMHO ! ;)

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog.
Thanks Scott. I couldn't care less about the finished product, I just want to keep the snakes away.

Swampvol wrote: "lawn more" ???:rolleyes:

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog. #4  
I would rather cut when the brush is wet with dew. It's much better than dry and dusty! MUCH.

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog. #5  
I don't think that wet grass will make a difference on bush hog wear, but it will put an added load on the tractor when you hit thick clumps of tall wet grass so you may need to slow down.

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog. #6  
I would rather cut when the brush is wet with dew. It's much better than dry and dusty! MUCH.

Same here! Some grass/weeds cut better when a little wet. It seems to stand in there and allow the mower to cut it clean.

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog. #7  
I know the best way to dull out you lawn more blades is by cutting wet grass, but what about a bushog's blades?
Being that they are blunt to begin with, does cutting when wet hurt the blades in anyway? Should I worry about the bottom of the deck??

Faye just won't go away!:mad:

Thanks.
Do you hafta mow it when it's wet?

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog. #8  
Lee, you have to remember he is in Florida where you can hear the grass grow when it doesn't get much rain!! Give it 25 inches of rain, and in 10 days you'll need major land clearing equipment to tame it again!

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog. #9  
Yep.. we floridians havn't had much choice these past 10 days.. nor will we the next 9n in some areas... when you got to mow.. you got to mow..

soundguy

/ Cutting tall, wet grass with a bushog. #10  
Yep.. we floridians havn't had much choice these past 10 days.. nor will we the next 9n in some areas... when you got to mow.. you got to mow..

soundguy

same thing up in this neck of the woods this year been a wet summer and not real hot so the grass is as green and moist as in early june. i cut when i have to sometimes i wait till 1 pm to start and it is still heavy with dew if in shaded areas