1-bottom moldboard plow for DEERE 2305

/ 1-bottom moldboard plow for DEERE 2305 #1  

CCTRUK

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SIZE PLOW I NEED FOR MY 2305. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS CHARLIE

/ 1-bottom moldboard plow for DEERE 2305 #2  
Yes I would recommend a 12 inch. I have a 10 inch I use on my 2210. I bought it 25 years ago when I bought a 214 JD garden tractor. When they delivered the tractor they brought by mistake the a 12 inch that had been order for another customer. I returned the 12 inch and got the 10 inch witch I have been using. Now that I have the 2210. I wish I had the 12 or maybe a 14 inch.
Charlie

/ 1-bottom moldboard plow for DEERE 2305 #3  
I would recommend not going any bigger than the 12in. The reason being the size tractor when disking after plowing the furrow get to be a little rough and ground clearance and such would possibly set you up for getting stuck. My neighbor has a Farmtrac 270 I think that is around the same size maybe a little bigger and used a 1-bottom 16in and this is exactly what happened. Also it is not neccessary to dig to china. Might just be able to run a sub soiler also.

/ 1-bottom moldboard plow for DEERE 2305 #4  
Another vote for 12". I also have a 10" left over from my JD455 that I now use on my 2210 and feel a little bigger would be nice. The only thing I use the plow for now is turning over cover crops. After getting a sub-soiler and tiller I use those for the actual pre planting prep.

/ 1-bottom moldboard plow for DEERE 2305 #5  
I would get the 12" plow also. Leinbach makes a nice one, 19-12 Compact . I bought one of these this spring for my TC18. Very well built and it cuts like a hot knife through butter. There are some pics in my photo gallery.

Solo