Quick attach Pallet Forks

/ Quick attach Pallet Forks #1  

Sherweld

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100
Just finished building a pallet fork set for my B7100. Future plans for frame may include grubber, etc.

Attachments

• Pallet Forks.jpg
    Pallet Forks.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 3,666
   / Quick attach Pallet Forks #2  
very nice, like the quick attach, i was just wondering what brand of tires you have on there and what size they are, i have been looking and cannot find any r4's for my b7100

/ Quick attach Pallet Forks
Good question. After a lot of digging, I finally came up with a combination which would give the correct ratio front to rear in 4WD. It seems that 16" rim tires no longer exist, so I went with new 12 x 16.5 ag rims (which came with valve guards) This gave several tire options as well as the wider footprint I was looking for.

I was able to stay with the stock 12" front rims, but went with a 23 x 8.50 x 12 which is a slightly wider than stock tire, but seems to work just fine.

/ Quick attach Pallet Forks #4  
thanks, i couldnt figure out why i cant find any good tires, do you remember what brand they are

thanks, i couldnt figure out why i cant find any good tires, do you remember what brand they are

Not sure of availability in other areas, but the name on the sidewall is "SOLIDEAL" (both front and rear) The rear OD is approx 32.5" the front is approx 22". If you go to 16.5" rims, I think there are plenty of options.

As close as I've been able to measure, I believe the rear to front B7100 gear ratio is somewhere around 1.45 - 1.47.

Regards
Sherweld

/ Quick attach Pallet Forks #6  
It seems that 16" rim tires no longer exist, so I went with new 12 x 16.5 ag rims (which came with valve guards) This gave several tire options as well as the wider footprint I was looking for.

Where did you get the 16.5 wheels? How much did they cost? Did they have the centers with the correct bolt pattern or did you need to cut the centers out of your old wheels.

Where did you get the 16.5 wheels?
Local Northwest dealer "Les Schwab", but I have since found that size rim easily on line.

How much did they cost?
I don't recall exactly, but somewhere in the $100 range.
Did they have the centers with the correct bolt pattern or did you need to cut the centers out of your old wheels.
Exact fit, 6 lugs x 6". (actually 12 holes coned opposite so that the wheel can be mounted in or out, also valve stem guard, and 4 mounting holes for wheel weight)

Regards
Sherweld

/ Quick attach Pallet Forks #8  
Those forks look awesome. You must have some mad welding skills. How much would you charge to make another set?

Those forks look awesome. You must have some mad welding skills. How much would you charge to make another set?

Sorry .... When my design and/or welding is potentially exposed to liability issues of life and limb by others, my homeowners insurance company would have some kind of a cow. :eek:

What I have done is attach a quick sketch of the forks I have built. Please feel free to use the design if you choose, at your own risk of course. They have easily hoisted a pallet loaded 500-600#'s
The reasons I like this scheme are;
1. The channel itself can be welded fully on all sides on the "tension" side where tubing cannot.
2. 3 1/2" flatbar fits perfectly into a 4"-5# channel making a nice rectangular section.
3. I'm fairly confident these forks will lift what my loader can (which isn't much over 800# or so).
4. The fillet plates on the sides both stiffen the joint, and hopefully prevent a sudden failure at the weld itself.
5. I chose not to use the bucket type fork, because this type keeps the payload closer to the tractor, allowing more capacity.
6. I have visions of using the frame for other things such as grubbing, possibly boom pole, whatever.

And once again I must caution, I am a "farmer engineer" without any professional credentials, so be careful out there. :D

Sherweld

Attachments

• fork diagram.jpg
    fork diagram.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 1,394
   / Quick attach Pallet Forks #10  
Sherweld, I was also admiring your design & especially like the hook-style bracket for hanging the forks. I am assuming that the bar/pipe mounted above the angle the forks hang from is a retainer so they slide, but won't pop off? You don't have a little closer pics of that detail do you?

I had started cutting metal for a bucket-mounted (no QA), non-adjustable trash fork until I saw your set-up & I'm now revising it to have multiple, sliding/removable forks.
Thanks, TD