clutch adjustments?

/ clutch adjustments? #1  

Anderson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3600 with cab/Loader
Are there any clutch adjustments anyone knows of that I can make to make my L3600 shudder less when I put it into gear from a stop?

If I'm pointing uphill a bit, or when I'm heavily loaded, no matter how slowly I let out the clutch, at about the 1/2 way point the tractor starts bucking. It seems like I should be able to transfer power a little more gradually.

/ clutch adjustments? #2  
<font color=blue>...If I'm pointing uphill a bit, or when I'm heavily loaded...</font color=blue>

It sounds like Power Hop..., especially with a heavy implement on the rear or the front end is higher than the rear... the front tires "hop" instead of get traction on MFWD...

Try increasing the pressure in the front tires and you may need to add ballast to the front tires or suitcase weights...

Normally occurs when the front/rear weight ratio shifts toward the rear... you basically want to shift it back to normal... (adding more weight to the front end, or less weight on the rear end...)

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ clutch adjustments? #3  
Is'nt that a GST? Let the gst clutch do the work for you. May also try a lower gear.

/ clutch adjustments?
I wish it was GST - is there any way to upgrade?

Yes, a lower gear does help, But it's a bummer having to use low range when moving 10 yards of fill 600 feet

/ clutch adjustments?
It's not power hop It often happens when I start moving with a heavily loaded bucket. I try to slooooooly let out the clutch, and bam,bam,bam,bam the poor kubota starts to shudder. I either have to let out the clutch real fast (pop the clutch) and lurch ahead, or go down to a real low gear.

/ clutch adjustments? #6  
Sure, there's a way to upgrade. But that would cost a small fortune. One more thing, are you letting the clutch out at idle? Try bring up the rpms some and see if that helps.

/ clutch adjustments? #7  
It sounds like you are experiencing clutch chatter. Clutch chatter happens when the flywheel and/or pressure plate are warped. The only way to fix it, if this is the problem, is to split the tractor and do a clutch job and resurface the flywheel. You don't want to slip the clutch if you can help it, this builds heat and causes the warping. You need to select a lower gear so you can let the clutch out with a minimum of slippage.