Chipper Unloading Chipper with bucket forks

/ Unloading Chipper with bucket forks #1  

treeboone

Silver Member
Tractor
2000 Kubota L4610
My new Befco chipper arrived today, 940 pounds. The clamp-on bucket forks were just the ticket to off load it from the semi. While that is nowhere near the rated load for the forks or loader, when it is that far out, it is spooky. I will have a report on the chipper in a couple of days, soon as I can get the hoe off.

Attachments

• 5-144763-P1010002.jpg
    5-144763-P1010002.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 110
   / Unloading Chipper with bucket forks
another view

Attachments

• 5-144773-P1010001.jpg
    5-144773-P1010001.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 89
   / Unloading Chipper with bucket forks #3  
looks like you have plenty of timber around to use that thing on. Will it really chip up a 6" log?

If it won't, it goes back. My first impression is mixed. It has a complicated drive system, alot of stuff to go haywire. I was not impressed to see that the bearings are made in China. The belts are Korean. The driveline is Italian. I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that this does not turn out to be a bummer. I guess it is only fair to give it a go. The main reason I bought this was for the mechanical power feed. Stay tuned, it won't take long to wring it out some.

/ Unloading Chipper with bucket forks #5  
I'm VERY interested to hear how it works.

/ Unloading Chipper with bucket forks #6  
Treeboon,

Any info on those forks? Where did you get them? What did they cost you? Who manufactures them? Do you like them?

I am not sure who actually makes them, the brand name on mine is Rankin, they appear to be identical to the ones Gearmore labels. Most any tractor implement dealer will have or know where to get these. I believe you might also check the banner link for more info. I paid almost 500. bucks for the 48 inch model. It seems like alot of money for such a simple item. Do I like them? YOU BET! They are all but indespensible. Less than a minute to install or remove. Great for moving brush, logs for the sawmill, portable catwalk when building or painting.,etc, etc. That would apply to any good forklift attachment, I am not saying these are superior to any others. Get forks anyway you can.