Impact of the election on pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Impact of the election on pricing? #1  

Buster57

Platinum Member
Tractor
B7800, JD RX95
What will the impact of the elections have on attachment pricing?

I was thinking about buying another rototiller better fit to my new B7800 but think it may be wise to wait a week or so?

I have a great price on this years' model. Estimated pricing will go from $2200 to $3000 next year. I think they may be lucky to get $2000 for this year's model and possibly a price reduction next year.

I think the manufacturers are nuts if they think they can demand more money next year. Companies are talking layoffs and salary reductions-do the tractor manufacturers and attachment companies really think they can charge more next year? For starters look at commodity prices...

Any comments?

Thank you.

/ Impact of the election on pricing? #2  
I don't think the elections will have any affect on the pricing, but sales will, if the company is not selling then their option is to try to reduce the price, that being said I bought a new truck in Aug, the rebates and such were due to expire at the end of the month and sales person couldn't or wouldn't tell me what would happen in Sept. I bougt the truck in Aug and some of the rebates went away in Sept, that was the cheapest I've seen the truck.
If you have the money and it's a good price, get it now, it may go down but I wouldn't bet on it.

/ Impact of the election on pricing?
I did not intentionally mean to take a political shot one way or the other, hard to avoid, but just wanted to know what people thought of future pricing of equipment no doubt effected by the election.

This TBN community has an extremely intelligent membership so the responses should be interesting.

/ Impact of the election on pricing? #4  
Buster57,

Are you saying that you have no doubt that the election will have an effect on the future pricing of equipment? Not trying to put words in your mouth, but trying to clarify what you are asking/implying.

Personally, I'm in agreement with Foothill Rancher (no appreciable effect).

Taking it a bit farther (and speaking only for myself), I think that other factors will be much more significant with respect to prices here. For example, has China's economy reached a critical mass where reduced demand from the US doesn't cause their economic/political system to collapse or change it's trade policy? If the flood of Chinese goods into our markets is interrupted, what impact will that have on our prices/consumption?

-Jim

/ Impact of the election on pricing? #5  
Depending on the outcome of the election I'd be more curious to find out what tractor prices are like in New Zealand.:eek:

/ Impact of the election on pricing? #6  
When we get our wealth redistribution checks sometime in February we can afford to by more toys ...i mean tools

/ Impact of the election on pricing? #7  
Depending on the outcome of the election I'd be more curious to find out what tractor prices are like in New Zealand.:eek:

Canada is closer and has less sheep than New Zealand...;)

/ Impact of the election on pricing? #8  
I believe imported implement prices in the USA will drop substantially next year. Steel prices are down, USD is up, price of oil is down, and demand just may be lower, all pointing to lower prices:). Unless the new President decides to slap on a few import duties/tarrifs.

/ Impact of the election on pricing? #9  
When we get our wealth redistribution checks sometime in February we can afford to by more toys ...i mean tools

I'm afraid I'd be one of the ones paying for those checks.:mad:

Canada is closer and has less sheep than New Zealand

I think Canada would be a lateral or even a downward move in regard to escaping intrusive governments. Although I honestly know nothing about New Zealand's government I think there are are fewer comrades there than here or Canada.:D

/ Impact of the election on pricing? #10  
Status
Not open for further replies.