American made tractors?

/ American made tractors? #1  

intel

Silver Member
Tractor
DK 45, 2003
What compact and small utility tractors are made in the USA?
I think the 4000 and 5000 series john deers are made in Augusta, Georgia. What about New Holland or Case-International or MF or McCormick tractors, talking 40 to 50 hp range.

/ American made tractors? #3  
What compact and small utility tractors are made in the USA?
I think the 4000 and 5000 series john deers are made in Augusta, Georgia. What about New Holland or Case-International or MF or McCormick tractors, talking 40 to 50 hp range.

Perhaps you might want to use the search function and see how many times this question has been asked before. There are some fine answers, and then there are mine. ;)

Power Trac tractors like mine are built by American workers in a factory in Tazewell, VA. However, they use Subaru and Deutz engines, as well as some foreign hydraulic parts. But all the design, welding, cutting, fabrication, etc... is done there.

I do not think you will be able to find any tractor that is 100% American made because it is a small world and a global market place.

/ American made tractors? #5  
The simple answer is none of them. No compact tractor, or tractor company is really any more red white and blue than any other.

/ American made tractors? #6  
Perhaps you might want to use the search function and see how many times this question has been asked before. There are some fine answers, and then there are mine. ;)

Power Trac tractors like mine are built by American workers in a factory in Tazewell, VA. However, they use Subaru and Deutz engines, as well as some foreign hydraulic parts. But all the design, welding, cutting, fabrication, etc... is done there.

I do not think you will be able to find any tractor that is 100% American made because it is a small world and a global market place.

Is Power Trac the company who began by making mining tractors and grew out from there? If memory is correct they make some neat changeable attachements and I really wonder why with landscaping people they were no more properly than they are.

/ American made tractors?
Ok i have search and reviewed a lot of the old threads with no real answers to my question.
So maybe the question needs to be restated
what 40 to 50 hp tractors is mostly made in America?
from what i can tell it looks like the john deer 4000 and 5000 series.
is this incorrect?
I know this discussion is beat to death, but i think a valid question.
I bought a Kioti DK 45 with 357 hours made in south Korea for $12,000 a year ago the tractor came with a bush hog M346 front end loader which i think is made in the USA and am somewhat happy with it. I did not even look at the closest dealer which is a john deer because at the time i thought no tractor under 80 hp was made in the USA and the cost difference but now learn that maybe the john deer 4000 and 5000 series are except for the motor?

/ American made tractors? #8  
So maybe the question needs to be restated
what 40 to 50 hp tractors is mostly made in America?
from what i can tell it looks like the john deer 4000 and 5000 series.
is this incorrect?

My guess is no - not an incorrect statement if by "America" you mean "the Americas" including Canada (FELs and implements) and Mexico (engines).

/ American made tractors? #9  
I don't think the 4-5000 series is made in America. Final assembly of stickers and tires, maybe. But, it is intentionally hard to find out where they are made. Because of that difficulty, I am fairly sure they are NOT made here. If they were, it would be a selling point and plastered everywhere.

jb

/ American made tractors? #10  
Is Power Trac the company who began by making mining tractors and grew out from there? If memory is correct they make some neat changeable attachements and I really wonder why with landscaping people they were no more properly than they are.

Yes, they are related companies. As far as I know, they still make the mine trams. Here is a link to their latest incarnation.

If you are asking why don't more landscaping companies buy and use Power Tracs, I can give you multiple reasons: factory direct only and no dealers, variable quality control, reliability issues, manuals range from absent to horrid, etc, etc. Still, some landscaping companies do buy and use them.

Drop in on the Power Trac forum to learn all about them.