F series owners

/ F series owners #1  

BrettW

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar FF205D
Hi, any of you F series have a service manual or the closest English cousin? If so, how helpful is it? Len recommended one for me. I just want to know how close it is. I have 3TNB80 engine, and saw an earlier post with JDeere engines that had the 3TNB engines:

"
yanmarfan
(New Member)
03/27/02 09:42 PM
Re: Which engine is in your Yanmar [re: pennwalk] Reply

My F22D has a 3TNB82U engine. Rated at 22PS at 2500RPM."

thanks, Brett W

/ F series owners #2  
I have an F22D also. I just got a parts manual. It is a copy but easy to read. I would be interested in any information about them also.

/ F series owners #3  
Brett, I've been wondering the same things myself. I have F16D with (3T75U-NC)....Kaysupply where did you get your parts manual?....My dealer said he could make me copy also for the F16D but he wont sell me the actual manual because it's the only one he has. Len told me he has a parts manual for the F16D but I forgot to ask if it's the real thing or a copy. He also said If I remember right (I lost his email) Yanmar 220 would be the closet US version of the F16D for user manual and service manual....But I recall someone else that had a F16D say the Yanmar 195 has the same motor as the F16D. Confused myself and not sure what to do. I do know though I don't want to pay $60 dollars for Xerox copies. I will have to contact Len again, if he has the actual manual I don't mind $60 dollars at all. Hope some else has some more info. BTW...I'm very Impressed with my F-series tractor, what a machine!

/ F series owners #4  
I got my manual from Len. It is a copy but a very clear one. The only difference is it doesn't have a fancy cover.
I have had a YM1700 which is the closest I've found to a YM195 and a YMG 1800, which is very close to a YM220. But I see very few things in common with an F series. The front drive axle is completely different. The rear axle isn't even close. The steering mech. is totally different.The brakes have nothing in common.The engine is a totally different series.

The F series has much more in common with later JD. I just can't figure out which one.

/ F series owners #5  
I don't know of anyone that has original parts books.