MF 1030 2wd good tractors?

/ MF 1030 2wd good tractors? #1  

mattman

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 35
I am looking at a used 1030 2wd with a little over 3000 hours, my questions are they good tractors? who made them some company in Japan I think? What do you think the life expectince is of a 93 model that looks to be taken care of except for needing some fresh paint. I am looking for a tractor to use in the woods for bushogging and to pull a small disk to plant some food plots. How satisfied are yall with the overall performance.

thanks Matt

/ MF 1030 2wd good tractors? #2  
yes good tractors , ive got a 86 10-30 and its a good tractor

/ MF 1030 2wd good tractors? #3  
I have a 1987 MF1030. It does a fantastic job on my 7 acre home site:thumbsup:

/ MF 1030 2wd good tractors? #4  
I believe the 1030 was built by Hinomoto which is based in Japan. If it is like the 1010 it should have a Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel engine in it. I used to have a Simplicity 9518 (same as MF 1010) and was going to get it running but after spending over $600 on the injection pump plus numerous other parts I sold it and cut my losses. Parts shouldn't be too hard to get, yeah you will have trouble getting transmission parts but i am sure MF could get most any part for that model. 3000 hours is quite a bit for a small diesel, once they hit 2000 they get harder to cold start and you will start to replace parts every so often. Unless it is a super good price I would keep my eye out for a lower houred machine with 4wd, you will find 2wd to be very limiting. Just my :2cents: