Mulching contracts/agreements

/ Mulching contracts/agreements #1  

Maka

Veteran Member
Tractor
None at the moment
Anyone here have a generic agreement they have their customers sign? If you do would you be willing to email me a copy? PM me and I will send you my email.

Thanks in advance.

Maka

/ Mulching contracts/agreements #2  
I'm probably asking for trouble but I work on a handshake and through back and forth email as much as possible. I do not like contracts for mulching for a couple of reasons. One, if I don't feel good about the person, I won't work for them so I put the contract on the back burner. Second, if the job is large enough for a contract, it is big enough for money down. Third, it is often difficult to quantify how much you can clear on a job so I give a day's or week's price with an estimate. I have enough jobs that they can watch me on and I personally just don't make a lot of promises or make everything sound rosy.
I will admit, though, that I don't do 200, 300, or 500 AC jobs very often but I have been chipping for nearly 10 years and mulching since 2000 before it was even popular to do so.

If you find a good contract that is easy to read and understand, please post! Everything in business should be in writing but I'm either lazy or stupid! :D

/ Mulching contracts/agreements #3  
Everything in business should be in writing but I'm either lazy or stupid! :D

Obviously, you've never been laid up sick and watched all them judge shows on daytime TV! Man, talk about stuuuupid people! If you had you wouldn't compare yourself to them.

jb

/ Mulching contracts/agreements #4  
I'm not in this line of bizness at all, but I think the easiest and most transparent way to do it would be to charge per hour of machine time plus a transportation/setup fee. you've got an hour meter. just document the **** out of everything with a digital camera before and after. nothing fancy, but better than your average cell phone camera. a quicker job doesn't get it all as good, but everyone should realize that going in. If they want a set price thell 'em I'll grind it up for X hours and you get what you get. its all about up front comunication.

a piece of paper with names, signatures, rates, dates, location, deposit and an agreement to pay the remainder after completion should be about all that you need.

/ Mulching contracts/agreements #5  
Obviously, you've never been laid up sick and watched all them judge shows on daytime TV! Man, talk about stuuuupid people! If you had you wouldn't compare yourself to them.

jb

When I'm laid up I watch Abbot and Costello or war movies! I can't stand those judge shows. Just makes me want to muzzle my dogs in case they bite the mailman!