Cost of adding FEL later

/ Cost of adding FEL later #1  

JonLeonard

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2410
Im looking for information regarding adding a FEL to a tractor if you initially dont buy it with one.

Is the more expensive to do it later? I guess what Im asking is, do the manufacturers give some sort of special price to the dealers if you buy them together and I will have to pay full retail + installation at a later date?

Jon

/ Cost of adding FEL later #2  
<font color=blue>Is the more expensive to do it later?</font color=blue>

I suppose it might not be sometime, but in nearly every case, yes, it is more expensive.

/ Cost of adding FEL later #3  
I'm living that nightmare - get the FEL now.

It's not just about the price break. Tacking the extra dough onto my tractor loan would have been easier (psychologically) to do initially, rather than trying to justify another 4K$ CDN a year later.

Paul

/ Cost of adding FEL later #4  
I'll second what pbenven said. I'm also dealing with that right now. I did buy my tractor used (no FEL)/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif, but if you're buying new, DEFINITELY try to get the loader as part of the package. It's a little easier to take when it's lumped into 48 EZ payments./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Cost of adding FEL later #5  
You may get a slightly better price as a package, but you might also get a much better loader by specing it out seperate (a BushHog, Woods, or some other brand). Manufactures don't always sell the best loader for their product, but often the best deal they have contracted for. If you are financing, it is probably easier. If you are a cash customer, then it may not be your best route.

/ Cost of adding FEL later #6  
JON: if at all possible get the fel when u buy. is more likely to be less expensive and the bigger point is u have use of the fel NOW. what size tractor are u thinking of?

/ Cost of adding FEL later
Well Ive looked at all the small ones now. Im actually the most interested in the JD 4010, but dealers dont have any idea when they might get one. The 4110 is so expensive that for the cost of the basic machine and mower, I can get a NH or Kubota with the loader as well.

Now Im debating which is better, the TC18, with position control and superior hydraulic/3ph capacity, or the B7500 with the edge in horsepower.

Ive been drooling over the JD, but it looks like its not in the cards /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

Jon

/ Cost of adding FEL later #8  
Are you talking the cost in dollars or the cost of trying to justify it to your wife? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Many people have commented about the usefulness of a loader and I have to agree with them. I have owned a tractor without a loader and got by just fine but having the loader now is much nicer and makes quick work of many chores. We normally consider a loader as an attachment for the tractor but in reality it may be the other way around.

Good Luck.

/ Cost of adding FEL later #9  
Jon, I was in the same situation two years ago, and this is what I did. I got a price for the loader, good for a year, when I purchased the tractor. It may not have been quite as good as purchasing all at once, but it was better than the retail price by10% or so. Good luck.

/ Cost of adding FEL later #10  
<font color=blue>"I'm living that nightmare - get the FEL now."</font color=blue>

Yep... Me too. The loader should be here and installed this week. All together it would have saved me $800 to have it installed when I bought the tractor. Not to mention the usefulness I would have gotten out of the tractor over the last three years.