FEL mounted Jeep snowplow

/ FEL mounted Jeep snowplow #1  

sal2910

Tractor
Kubota L3940
Thanks to all the great posts on this site, I was inspired to give this a try....

I bought a used Meyer snowplow made for a Jeep for $100 and mated it to my FEL quick hitch, see attached pics....

This set up makes for a much faster, easier job compared to my rear blade.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 230
   / FEL mounted Jeep snowplow #2  
Hydraulic angle to come? I really like it so far.

/ FEL mounted Jeep snowplow
I'd really like to add a hydraulic cylinder, but I don't have my tractor set up for it.... yet.

/ FEL mounted Jeep snowplow #4  
This post couldnt have come at a better time! I just picked up a free plow. it might have been a meyers plow just like yours. i dont have any mounts for it and i havent figured out a way to hook up the plow to my tractor yet until i saw your idea. It looks very doable. Thing is arn't you concerned about the downward force, twisting force when you lift the plow ?

/ FEL mounted Jeep snowplow #5  
I would be concerned about side forces on the loader arms... That is a long moment arm out at the end of those loader arms. Snow is heavy, heavier than most people realize. I also don't think I can recall a time when I have plowed that I havn't hit something under the snow... If I had a plow dropped inmy lap, I think I would configure it to connect to the frame with the blade between front tires and loader bucket. It limits the ammount you can angle it a little, but it works well. We had LD configured like this at one place i worked and it was a snow moving machine as the bucket could still be used to push the tops of the banks up and over.

/ FEL mounted Jeep snowplow #6  
Sal, it looks good. I have about the same setup on my 1900 and it works great. Make sure the trip springs aren't to tight.
Bill