I busted my gland nut

/ I busted my gland nut #1  

woodchuckie

Platinum Member
Tractor
KUBOTA L 2800
Since the dealer doesn't stock it I'll have to order it anyway does anyone know where I can order a gland nut for my LA463 front loader on line. A limb fell on it just right and broke the threads on it.

/ I busted my gland nut #3  
Since the dealer doesn't stock it I'll have to order it anyway does anyone know where I can order a gland nut for my LA463 front loader on line. A limb fell on it just right and broke the threads on it.

Ouch ! That must have dropped you right to your knees!

On the other hand, if it was on the hydraulic cylinder, you can get one at a hydraulic repair shop. Will probably have to take the cylinder with you and may have to leave it.

/ I busted my gland nut #4  
John I was thinking sort of the same thing but I usually enjoy busting a gland nut. I don't think I would take it to a cylinder shop though...

/ I busted my gland nut #5  
:D As soon as I saw the title, I knew the wiseacres would be lining up to post. :p

/ I busted my gland nut #6  
A cylinder shop would have to order one too. I would try to match it up with one from a catalog. If not, it would be ordered from a dealer. If it's too expensive, it can be repaired. I have gone this route before. Price wasn't too bad either.

Ahh, the jokes that can be made about this one. Busting a gland nut, wood involved. It's a good thing this is a family site.

/ I busted my gland nut #7  
Are you ok? I'm glad it wasn't worse. We all make mistakes that's why it pays to use your seatbelt, leave your ROPS up, not stand in the bucket when it's raised, stand next to a live bush hog's PTO shaft, etc....

I know it had to be painful, though....

/ I busted my gland nut
I checked at the dealer today and their price is 100 dollars with tax. The only way I see it could be repaired would be to get the threads welded back to the other part. I'll check to see if my local welder can to that. The dealer called the part the "head of the bucket cylinder".
The limb that broke it had to hit just right to crack it like it did. It's only 1 inch exposed surface. I was even able to loosen it and tighten it down again and stop the leak until some hard use and that time when I tightened it the threads separated from the rest of it.

I was making a new trail and the vines will pull down rotted limbs. I usually look out for dead trees and limbs and I have a hard hat but wasn't wearing it that day. My rops have never been folded and I always wear the seat belt. I'm always having to cut vines and limbs that would hit me as I go through. I keep my loper hanging on the rops so I can reach them from the seat.

/ I busted my gland nut #9  
:D As soon as I saw the title, I knew the wiseacres would be lining up to post. :p
I deliberately stayed away from this thread so that I wouldn't feel obliged to post something that would get me in trouble. The subject has been covered to my satisfaction so I'm safe now. :D

/ I busted my gland nut #10  
Yes I was going to chime in with some smart a** remark. But what IS a gland nut. Could someone post a photo?

Wedge