YANMAR WONT STAY RUNNING

/ YANMAR WONT STAY RUNNING #1  

MARK1970

Just wondering if anyone might have a idea on what is going on. I have a Yanmar 195D that when I first start it after sitting all night it will run for about 10 min. then die, it will also die as soon as a load is put on the engine or you try to give it gas. It will restart once it dies, but will only run for about 30 seconds at a time.

Any help would be great as I have no clue where to start at.

Thanks, Mark...

/ YANMAR WONT STAY RUNNING #2  
Injectors. And hopefully you are not actually using gas.

/ YANMAR WONT STAY RUNNING #3  
i have a YM1700 (the grey market counterpart). Have you checked for a clogged up fuel supply? Could be algae or maybe air getting into the lines. Also, you might want to bleed the fuel lines too.

/ YANMAR WONT STAY RUNNING #4  
Just wondering if anyone might have a idea on what is going on. I have a Yanmar 195D that when I first start it after sitting all night it will run for about 10 min. then die, it will also die as soon as a load is put on the engine or you try to give it gas. It will restart once it dies, but will only run for about 30 seconds at a time.

Any help would be great as I have no clue where to start at.

Thanks, Mark...

Need more info in order to help. How old is the fuel? How cold is it outside and where yoour tractor is stored? Where are you located? Have you added deisel conditioner? Oh and by the way Welcome to TBN

/ YANMAR WONT STAY RUNNING #5  
For a diesel you need air, compression, and fuel (delivered at the right moment). If it starts, it seems to have all three.

Check the fuel cap to see if it is too tight. We have seen cases where the tank had a vacuum after some fuel was used, so no more fuel reached the engine and it quit.