Kubota front fenders

/ Kubota front fenders #1  

suttonsuperduty

Tractor
l3240 HST
In reading this forum I have seen several mentions of front fenders on Canadian Kubotas. I have checked with my dealers service and sales people and they are unaware of any front fenders available. I have checked my parts manual without success.
I have a L3240 that I use for snow removal on my plow route. This time of year as I travel down the road the amount of road spray completely covers the windows thus the need for front fenders. Any information such as part numbers etc will be appreciated.

Thanks.

/ Kubota front fenders #2  
4shorts installed front fenders on his L

/ Kubota front fenders #3  
In reading this forum I have seen several mentions of front fenders on Canadian Kubotas. I have checked with my dealers service and sales people and they are unaware of any front fenders available. I have checked my parts manual without success.
I have a L3240 that I use for snow removal on my plow route. This time of year as I travel down the road the amount of road spray completely covers the windows thus the need for front fenders. Any information such as part numbers etc will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to TBN!

Yea 4shorts has a tricked out tractor.

I haven't seen him post any new projects in a while, i wonder what he is working on.:D

/ Kubota front fenders #4  
I have seen plastic trailer fenders mounted on brackets that bolted to the backing plate. After looking at a similar Deere farm tractor I considered it for a larger Kubota tractor but never got around to it. It would work and I think you can paint the plastic to match.

/ Kubota front fenders #5  
Yep my Canadian Kubota L4240 has front fenders. They are standard equipment on some of the Grand L models here in Canada. I'm almost sure that from the model 3940- 5740 have them. Below those models they don't because the front Axel assembly is different with no mounting points for the fenders to bolt on to.

That being said I'm sure if you wanted to install a set of these fenders you could just by fabricating your own mounting brackets. It's a well worth item to have on a tractor in my opinion. I attached a few pictures for you to view. You'll see why I'm talking about in the difference of the front Axel.

You'll also notice that I added a mud flap to improve on keeping water from flying up on the windshield. I checked my parts manual and even my service manual and there were no part numbers on the fenders however there's a name stamped on the fenders and it is "Dunloflex-E" You might goggle it and see what that tells you. The Canadian Grand "L" model also comes with a higher output alternator and rear defrost on all three windows. I'm not sure if the American Grand L's do as well.

johndeere4300 you know me to well my friend ;) I'm busy these days working on a friends Harley but when I'm done you'll see another addition to the tractor. Next week I'll post what I've done. As they say, "Stay tuned and don't change the channel" :D

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 5,679
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 9,277
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 8,423
  • h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 2,868
   / Kubota front fenders #6  
Note to anyone with a loader contemplating fenders; interference is a major issue and be prepared to have them not fit in some cases. They hit the loader frame on sharp turns.
You can reduce the impact of this by stopping the front wheels from turning too sharp but that creates it's own difficulties.

/ Kubota front fenders #7  
Note to anyone with a loader contemplating fenders; interference is a major issue and be prepared to have them not fit in some cases. They hit the loader frame on sharp turns.
You can reduce the impact of this by stopping the front wheels from turning too sharp but that creates it's own difficulties.

Good heads up. I've been contemplating using either steel or plastic trailer fenders from TSC and fabricating some type of mounts for a B3030 cab.
The pic from 4shorts has given me something to think about, but I'm not running out to the barn to look at the front end and loader clearance at this very moment. Tomorrow is another day!

/ Kubota front fenders #8  

They don't hit anywhere on mine! I think if one makes sure they fit the wheel and use the proper mounting system they should be ok. If I were installing a set of fenders on the front I would go with plastic ones. They don't rust and if they get hit by ice or rocks there will be minimum damage and most likely no damage at all. Just my 2 cents worth

/ Kubota front fenders
Thanks to all for all the replies,and thanks for the pictures 4shorts they give me more info to think about.

/ Kubota front fenders #10  

johndeere4300 you know me to well my friend ;) I'm busy these days working on a friends Harley but when I'm done you'll see another addition to the tractor. Next week I'll post what I've done. As they say, "Stay tuned and don't change the channel" :D

Glad to hear from ya,

Yea i knew you wasn't just loafing around:D i must say that you are one buy person.

With the custom shop and the work you do in it, i am kind of glad that i don't live close to you, i would be broke by now.:D

That was also some nice fenders, somehow i missed those.

I will stay tuned.