Oil & Fuel Oil filters, and seat switch

/ Oil filters, and seat switch #1  

homer8206

Ready to do anther oil change and does anyone know if you can get a filter from auto parts store rather than MF dealer that fits a GC2300, if so what is the type and part number. Dealer is too far away and overpriced. Also I have been running Rotella T SAE30 and all seems fine, is this a good fit for light to medium use?

Is there a adjustment for the seat switch my wife is not as fat as me(good thing) and she likes to mow the grass and the motor will cut out sometimes.

Thanks

GC2300, loader, 60' mid mower, carryall.
139 hours and i wish it was more

/ Oil filters, and seat switch #2  
Ready to do anther oil change and does anyone know if you can get a filter from auto parts store rather than MF dealer that fits a GC2300, if so what is the type and part number. Dealer is too far away and overpriced. Also I have been running Rotella T SAE30 and all seems fine, is this a good fit for light to medium use?

Is there a adjustment for the seat switch my wife is not as fat as me(good thing) and she likes to mow the grass and the motor will cut out sometimes.

Thanks

I found a Wix oil and fuel filter at a local auto parts store, but the hydraulic filter required a trip to the dealer. Seems like there was a post on this forum with the Wix number or an equivalent that could be cross referenced.

As for the seat switch, don't tell the safety police, but I just put a jumper wire in to disable it. Works fine, and so far I haven't run over myself. :rolleyes:

/ Oil filters, and seat switch #4  
I don't know of any filters other than a NAPA oil filter. It is basically the same price as the MF one, and never in stock.

Rotella is fine, although many of us are using Amsoil in both ends.

/ Oil filters, and seat switch #5  
Is there a adjustment for the seat switch my wife is not as fat as me

Having a great deal of experience saying the wrong thing around women, I suggest that you might want to reword this.

/ Oil filters, and seat switch #6  
I don't know of any filters other than a NAPA oil filter. It is basically the same price as the MF one, and never in stock.

Rotella is fine, although many of us are using Amsoil in both ends.

I called the auto parts store I use to see if they had the Wix filters I needed in stock. They did not at the time, but got them in the next day.

Put me down in the happy Amsoil user category, too. Been using their oil for years in every engine we own.

Jay

/ Oil filters, and seat switch #7  
I called the auto parts store I use to see if they had the Wix filters I needed in stock.
Jay

Can you post the Wix part number for everyone?

/ Oil filters, and seat switch #8  
I ordered the following OE MF filters from Jackssmallengines in '06.

1 ELEMENT/OIL FILTER part # AG3609410M1 $9.79

1 FILTER/CHARGE ASSY part # AG4265229M91 $29.03

DEWFPO

/ Oil filters, and seat switch #9  
From the Wix web site:

Fuel Filter 33262
Oil Filter 51360

I don't remember what they cost. I really like the dealer where I bought the tractor, but it is an extra 60 miles (round trip), so I thought buying the filters from the local parts store was a good idea.

But I could only find the hydraulic filter at the dealer, so I made the drive after all. :rolleyes:

For the few extra bucks it may cost, next time I'll just get what I need from the dealer. They provide great support whenever I have questions, and I want to do my (admittedly little) part to support them.

Jay

/ Oil filters, and seat switch #10  

Thanks

Fram PH4386...been running on a 2004 GC2310TLB since spring '05...1672 hours and not a glitch.