60" finish mower

/ 60" finish mower #1  

KubotaSam

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2410, Kubota B7100Dt, Kubota B7100HST
I am purchasing a new house and now will have a rather large lawn to mow. My guess is 2 1/2 to 3 acres of lawn. Cash will be a little tight this spring/summer till I get settled. So I need to keep costs down. I have a B7100 Kubota but no mower deck. I was thinking of getting a 3 PH finish mower for the back. The tractor is rated at 16"hp with 13 PTO Hp. Has any one used a 60" finish mower on a tractor of this HP? The lawn is relitivey flat. I guess I could go with a 48" cut but that would mean more trips around the lawn. TSC sell a 60" CountyLine mower for around $1400.00. Does anyone have any experience with this product? A company on Ebay named JEB Supply Co sells a 60" mower for around $800 plus shipping ($200 - $300) does anyone have any experience with this mower?

/ 60" finish mower #2  
I have a b6200 which is 15hp and 12hp pto I run a 48" midmount mower for 6 years or so then a came across a used 60" for $200 so I bought it. It seems to work fine on the tractor and maybe bogs down a little more on the really heavy grass, but just slow abit (hst) and it works fine.

/ 60" finish mower #3  
kubotasam, having a rear finish mower is nice esp with a larger tractor. My father got a 6 ft on his 1520 massey ferguson and he likes mowing with it. It makes it nice and eay to connect and disconnect and makes for a nice counterbalance for the FEL when doing something heavy. I think you would be surprised on how well the Rear finishing mower does compared to the bellymount, its pretty much the same. I wouldnt hesistate in buying the TSC line since its local. If there is a problem , it would make it easier to do repairs anyway. Have you checked with your kubota dealer yet to see if they have anything in your price range for a heavier duty type instead of a meduim to light duty from TSC ? you never know if the dealer has a used HD model compared to a light duty one from TSC.

/ 60" finish mower #4  
You don't have your location listed, I have a 5' King Kutter for sale that is in exellent condition. I've kept it greased and blew off all grass when ever I finished mowing. I have too many trees and not enough grass for it.
If you are near me you can send me a PM for pic and more info.

/ 60" finish mower #5  
My 1994 B7100HST came with a 60" MMM, so I think you'll be ok.