new 2710 operator ques.

/ new 2710 operator ques. #1  

Anonymous Poster

Just got a new toy that I use on the beach to move equip. like chairs jet-skis. The tractor has R-4 with HST tranny and FEL, water-filled rears with 10 psi, my question is because the sand on the beach is very dry and is a round grain I'm having trouble pulling the skis across the sand, what would be the best comb of air pressure and how full the tires should be with water.

Will close for now got to go to the office

Capttelly

/ new 2710 operator ques. #2  
Cap, you need to take that baby back and have the dealer switch out and give you turfs. The turfs being wider and designed to operate with lower pressures will give you much more "flotation" on the sand than will the R4 Type. My R4 tires are very hard and definitly would dig into sand, what you want to do is float over it. J

/ new 2710 operator ques.
Will the turfs be better to move through dry loose beach sand and still pull ski and the landscaping rake?

Thanks for the quick reply, one other question, how much is too much water?

Captelly

/ new 2710 operator ques. #4  
Cap, I have never done exactly the things you are doing but my bet is that YES, on the sand the turfs will pull better than the R4 tires. Ags (R1) would also likely outperform the R4 tires in sand but not because of flotation (none) but because of the big paddle treads they have. I think you probably need turfs and maybe weight them or install will weights. I do have one tiny sand wash down by the creek, R4 tires sink right in. J