Bed Topper

/ Bed Topper #1  

RichZ

Veteran Member
White Creek, New York, Washington County, on the V
Tractor
Kubota 4630 with cab and loader
My wife bought one of those 4" memory foam bed toppers from Walmart. It's supposed to give you better support and make you feel better when you get up. First of all, the dang thing is supposed to be for a full size bed, and it says right on the box that it's only 50". A full size bed is 54 " wide. Second of all, it's REALLY soft. I have sciatica, and have always slept on a firm mattress for better back support.

Does anyone else have one of these things, or know about them? It seems to me that this is not a good thing for my back. I had trouble sleeping on it last night (first night we had it on the bed) as it's so soft. But if it's good in the long run, I'll try to get used to it. Also, why isn't it as wide as the bed???? Believe it or not, the foam part is made in the USA, the cover is Chinese, but the foam part is what matters.

Thanks!!

/ Bed Topper #2  
We have a foam topper on our old bed. Wifey liked it but I'm not sure it made a difference to me. I think its something you just have to try and see if it works for you and your back. We bought a Dormia foam bed a few years ago which I do like. Its the most comfortable bed I have slept on. The old bed would cause me to wake up with back a pain. I don't wake up with back pain with the Dormia.

Later,
Dan

/ Bed Topper #3  
That's funny Rich. When I read the thread title, I thought this was going to be about a pickup bed topper.;)

/ Bed Topper #5  
I had to buy a new bed last year, when I moved from my RV to my daughter's house. Rooms To Go tried to get me to buy a memory foam mattress. I tried it; then tried a regular mattress. Couldn't use the memory foam jobbie as it hurt my back too bad.

/ Bed Topper #6  
I, too, thought this was going to be about a pickup bed topper. I don't supposed there's any one bed that suits everyone. My wife has one brother who has one of those memory foam mattresses and says he and his wife like it. I've known some other people who tried them and got rid of them.

We used to have a firm mattress that I thought was the right thing, but I was getting up every morning with a terrible backache. So in Auigust, 2002, we bought one of the Select Comfort sleep number beds. I really hated to pay that much for a mattress back then, and I know now you can find some complaints about them on the Internet. However, if something happened to this one, I'd just have to buy another one. Hope I have the money so I don't have to go in debt for it.:D