Best Gloves???

/ Best Gloves??? #1  

dillo99

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
This might sound like a bland topic but what do you think are the best work gloves. I go through them like there is no tomorrow and I can't seem to find a pair that will last. I think I like the IRONCLADS the best but even they don't stand up to a day of my chipper.

What are your thoughts??

/ Best Gloves??? #2  
"think I like the IRONCLADS the best but even they don't stand up to a day of my chipper."

You know.. you should NOT be putting gloves THRU the chipper to test them.. I doubt there is any glove that will stand that.. LOL

All joking aside.. If you are going thru gloves that fast I hope someone else can chime in and make some suggestions..

Brian

/ Best Gloves??? #3  
I have yet to find a good leather work glove that lasts.
but for a great insulated grip glove try an atlas thermafit, Im amazed at how long the last. but barbed wire will take them out in a day.

Perfect Fit Glove

/ Best Gloves??? #5  
I've been pulling massive blackberry bushes out of orchard trees that were abandoned to the blackberries years ago.

HF's roping gloves are thick enough to stop the blackberry thorns yet soft enough to still flex like a second skin. I like them better than heavier gloves. My present pair has stood up to some 50-100 hours of this use. (Don't confuse these with their similar, lighter Driving Gloves).

I tried HF's cheap cotton back gloves (6 pr/$5) and the first pair didn't last a day in that application. They were shredded, and several thorns came through.

/ Best Gloves??? #6  
Try some horsehide gloves from gemplers, They are super tough. Or try some pigskin they are tough and extremely flexible and have the advantage of fitting better and stay on if you wet them and wear until dry. They do not harden after getting wet like cowhide, they form fit to you hand.

Jeff

/ Best Gloves??? #7  
The gloves I like the best are sold by Stihl dealers for 15.95. Less money than the other lesser quality gloves I used to use.

Andy

/ Best Gloves??? #9  
I recently bought a couple pair of DTPro kevlar reinforced gloves from Duluth Trading. They have been great. I've been demoing some old poultry houses and handling a lot of cut metal as well as rocks, concrete, wood, etc.

I like 'em.