new kubota or used John Deere

/ new kubota or used John Deere #1  

foodplotfarmer

Have enjoyed the forum and website since I found it a few months ago. I am currently using a 1980 John Deere 2240 to maintain my property. The 550 acre property consist of pine plantation and mixed hardwoods with about 30 acres of open land, 10-12 of which are planted in food plots. several roads/trails run through the property that are maintained. The JD 2240 still runs great but is needing extensive work to keep going( clutch, hydraulic pump, and numerous small issues. Looking for a new or slightly used tractor and found the Kubota MX 5100 for $13,000 or a 2006 John Deere 5320 with 300 hours of light use for $13,800. The JD has about 15 more horsepower and dual hydraulics which would be nice if and when I add a front loader. The Kubota is really all the tractor I probably need power wise but does not come with Hydraulics (add for $800). I am leaning towards the Deere. Any thoughts?

/ new kubota or used John Deere #2  
Which one feels good when you sit in them ? Who provides the better service ? To me - its the services that sells, not just the most machine for the money.

/ new kubota or used John Deere #3  
I'm sure either would suit you fine. The Kubota does have 0% for 48 months so that is something to consider if you'll be financing.