new 273 owner today!

/ new 273 owner today! #1  

Gregster613

Platinum Member
Southern Ca. halfway up a mountain in rural Ramona
Tractor
273 TYM. 2009 //Yardmachines 7 Speed Shift-on-the-goScotts L2048
Hi all, I've been lurking here for months. Absorbing ideas, thoughts, opinions, etc., etc. I've tried my best to deciper and decide on what would be the best brand [for the buck] to suit my 2.5 acres and my future mobility needs, [I plan to "eventually" get to the point where I can offer my services as an area brush cutter - to keep within county or owner fire needs, or even a horse arena fence installer, etc., etc.] - As a third career perhaps. Finally decided on the TYM273 and managed to score a 2009 model with the LT200 loader, Woods GB48 Box scraper, Woods RBC60 Rear angle blade, Woods BB60C Rotary Cutter (mower) [I was looking for a finish mower but this was all the dealer had, I just hope hope it'll suit my needs for grass cutting at my place], Woods PHD35 Digger with an 9" auger, and a used Woods 3PH disk - just because it was available and the price was right! I haven't yet recieved the PH digger or the Disk but they will be at my place within the next week. My dealer is located in Warner Springs - @ Rancho Sales & Service and is one "Great" Guy!! I am just sooo.. Jazzed I don't really know what else to say, except that I had the wife take numerous pictures and as soon as I figure out how to download/upload - they'll be posted!! While I was a lurker, I recieved so very much valuable information that I cannot thank everyone here strongly enough. I come from a 280 acre Minnesota dairy farm and was/am experienced with operating machinery from a very early age. But, Dad was the buyer and I never had any inkling of the actual cost of owning all the various equipment that we kids operated on a daily basis!! To say the least, I was extremely shocked to learn the current prices of what I consider as baby tractors. No offense to anyone - I am currently enjoying the "dickens" out of my newly purchased baby tractor. I was just citing the reality of times & locations and how they are a-changing. I spent just under 20,000 for the above listed equipment and am pleased as punch to now own hydraulic impliments which will save my back a-plenty when the wife suggests why don't we have this planted here or there? I don't often have much/anything to say. I usually just read, observe, absorb, & learn -- but today I am ONE satisified and happy owner so I chatted a fair bit. For my long windedness, I appoligize. To all of my fellow/sister TYM owners out there -- I say hello and I am darn glad to become one of your group!!
Gregster613 says hello and happy farming.....

/ new 273 owner today! #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)
Congrats on your new purchase...shall be looking forward to actions pics real soon.

/ new 273 owner today! #3  
Congratulations...:)

/ new 273 owner today! #4  
Yes, yes welcome and congrats. I too have a T273 and really love it! TYM builds tough little tractors and the price just can't be beat. Good luck and definitely uploads some pics of '09 model. :p
Pete

/ new 273 owner today! #5  
Nice setup. TYM is a very nicely constructed tractor for the money. I did many years of research and I would have bought a 273TLB if my dealer didn't offer me a 330 Gear TLB at a price I could not pass up.

Have fun!

/ new 273 owner today! #6  
Welcome aboard. 273 owner here as well. Been keeping it busy this early spring with lots of jobs lately. Hope to share more, if time permits.

/ new 273 owner today! #7  
Congrats, mean little machine for sure....

Had mine now three years.....all's good. She works all winter doing driveways and all summer doing yard work. I've done drainage, septic, leveling....tree stumps...perfect little tractor. My neighbors have their RED MF and trust me they don't even come close.

keep'er lubed and serviced and write her into your kids will....;)

This thread is useless without pics......:D

/ new 273 owner today! #8  
Have fun playing, i mean working with it. :D

/ new 273 owner today!
This thread is useless without pics...... I know, I know...Been busy playing, whoops, I mean working with my new Lil Beast; and trying to figure out the ins & outs of posting pictures here. After much searching, and the ingenious help of my son in law I do believe that I got it. At least I hope so....My wife took a bunch of photos for me, of me & Lil Beast gettin' accquainted & in action. If my re-sizing and linking works they should show up here. That's if the site works this time...I tried to post several days ago w/no luck. Here's a break down though:
Pic's 1-7 = arrival/unload joys,
Pic's 8-11 = My dealer Vic from Rancho Sales & Service @ Warner Springs and I talk controls, etc., etc. (A straight-shooter dealer in my opinion.)
Pic 12 = Close up of Lil Beast and some attachments. I've got a PH digger and 5' Disk yet to come; along with my Tilt Ram. I've got the top ram already.
Pic's 13-16 = Lil Beast and I get accquainted and trot off to start working!!!
Pic's 17-18 = 1st bite and full bucket...0.8 hrs on clock.
Pic 19 = Dead Oak tree that was (Once) in the way..No longer! Behind view shows where several other dead fruit trees once were. Concrete slab has got to go away also. Shucks, such hard work, so much fun!
Pic 20 = Lining up on the pad. Now here are the links, I hope they stick.
I cannot seem to get the links to show up here before I post. Once I drag them to the site, the entire picture takes over and I cannot see/get to the post buttons. Guess I need much further help.

/ new 273 owner today!
This thread is useless without pics...... I know, I know...Been busy playing, whoops, I mean working with my new Lil Beast; and trying to figure out the ins & outs of posting pictures here. After much searching, and the ingenious help of my son in law I do believe that I got it. At least I hope so....My wife took a bunch of photos for me, of me & Lil Beast gettin' accquainted & in action. If my re-sizing and linking works they should show up here. That's if the site works this time...I tried to post several days ago w/no luck. Here's a break down though:
Pic's 1-7 = arrival/unload joys,
Pic's 8-11 = My dealer Vic from Rancho Sales & Service @ Warner Springs and I talk controls, etc., etc. (A straight-shooter dealer in my opinion.)
Pic 12 = Close up of Lil Beast and some attachments. I've got a PH digger and 5' Disk yet to come; along with my Tilt Ram. I've got the top ram already.
Pic's 13-16 = Lil Beast and I get accquainted and trot off to start working!!!
Pic's 17-18 = 1st bite and full bucket...0.8 hrs on clock.
Pic 19 = Dead Oak tree that was (Once) in the way..No longer! Behind view shows where several other dead fruit trees once were. Concrete slab has got to go away also. Shucks, such hard work, so much fun!
Pic 20 = Lining up on the pad. Now here are the links, I hope they stick.

Sorry about the other post with no attachments, did more searching and "think" I might have it this time. Here goes.

Attachments

• 273-1.jpg
    273-1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 368
  • 273-2.jpg
    273-2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 273-3.jpg
    273-3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 273-4.jpg
    273-4.jpg