Thoughts on USED Yanmar Mini

/ Thoughts on USED Yanmar Mini #1  

Brokermike

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555, Ford 4610, New Holland T4040
hey folks,

Thinking of buying a mini to use around the house. I need to install some french drains, reditch old ditches, and pick some stones from the field and carry to the hedgerow. I will also be installing some small culverts in logging roads and transplanting about 50 6' pines for landscape purposes. It is the equivalent of a Yanmar YB301, it has a new hour meter so exact hours are unkown but assumed to be "a lot". Here are some pictures

Attachments

• ex1.JPG
    ex1.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 536
  • ex2.JPG
    ex2.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 533
  • ex5.JPG
    ex5.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 607
  • ex6.JPG
    ex6.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 524
   / Thoughts on USED Yanmar Mini
cough?

/ Thoughts on USED Yanmar Mini #3  
Dont know anything about Yanmar Mini's, but a friend had a Yanmar tractor years ago and raved about it.

I recently purchased a JD mini, and dont regret it for a minute... Fun to drive and very usefull.

/ Thoughts on USED Yanmar Mini #4  
Looked at the closeup of the sprocket--
That machine is well worn and will want to shed the tracks.
Check the chain roller bushings and you'll probably find that they are very oval shaped matching the worn sprockets.
Pads look fair suggesting that the machine did not see much stone work but sprocket deffinately show mileage.
I have operated that model and it works nicely but track/sprocket is pricy.

Might still be a good buy (depending on price), but be prepared to loose a track from time to time.
You would need to avoid sharp pivoting turns and know how to get the tracks back on should you drop one.

/ Thoughts on USED Yanmar Mini #5  
Just as a reference, I sold my Yanmar B-22 4-5 years ago for $10,000. It had good or better sprockets, good rubber tracks, new pins and bushings and a fresh paint job. Less than 1200 hrs. It was several years newer model.

Attachments

• B-22 2.jpg
    B-22 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 773
   / Thoughts on USED Yanmar Mini #6  
I heard they are good I'm looking at buying a yb301 but having a hard time finding parts was wondering what the john deare model and serial #s are on the one you are thinking of buying and if parts are available. thankyou the one I am looking at is a gray market which means not for us market and no parts listings available