Tiller BushHog Tiller Problem

/ BushHog Tiller Problem #1  

IndianaPaul

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC45D
Have used a BH brand Tiller (RTS 74 w/slip clutch) behind my TC45D for the past year with no problems/trouble. In fact been very pleased with it (has been used 19.3 hours). Tonight was diller to put in some food plots, when after about 30 minutes it started to smoke. Shut things down to check it out and found that the driveshaft running from gearbox to chain was toast at the point it enters/connects to the chain. Looks like bearing went bad, monkeyed up the flange around the connection a bit as well. I've been meticulous in greasing, lubing, etc.. on the unit. Have never hit any roots or large rocks with it. Am assuming the bearing just went bad, any other thoughts out there?

Anyone out there running similar units have a problem like this? Just curious. Am off to the dealer in the morning to order the parts to fix.

IndianaPaul

/ BushHog Tiller Problem
Well, talked to the dealer yesterday/let him look it over. Said clearly the bearing had failed and was the first time he has seen one go like that. Even though it is out of warranty (only a couple of months) he is 'stretching' the warranty as he said it should not have failed, he ordered parts same day & I pick it up tonight. Less than 36 hour turn around during planting time is not what I expected! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

IndianaPaul

/ BushHog Tiller Problem #3  
IndianaPaul,

Perfect example of the benefits of buying local.

Buck