Hydrostat fluid 235

/ Hydrostat fluid 235 #1  

jonesiera

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4110, John Deere 332,
I need toknow what I can use instead of Case Fluid, as there is no Dealer around me and I would like to know what I could Substitute the fluid with?

/ Hydrostat fluid 235 #2  
any quality fluid for tractors JD, NH, valvoline just dont use the throw away stuff places like wal-mart sell.

/ Hydrostat fluid 235 #4  
Hi Jonesiera-

I looked hi/lo here looking for fluids for my "new" CASE 385 and the only thing that I found (except at the CASE parts counter) was Mystic JT-5. It specifically mentioned the CASE "Hy Trans Ultra" spec which CASE tells me I need.

I'm *assuming* that your 235 takes the same fluid.

BTW, the Mystic was $32.00 for a five gallon bucket at the local farm store. To tell you the truth, I don't even know what CASE charges for their fluids - the parts guy even mentioned the Mystic fluid as an alternative "since the CASE stuff is so high!".

For my 385, it'll be DELO 400 (engine) and Mystic JT5 (tranny) from now on.

Hope this helps.

Mark

ps: My neighbor has a 235. It's a nice tractor.

/ Hydrostat fluid 235
Thanks Mark,
I almost thought I was the only 235 owner! Mine has 4wd,Case Loader, Yard Box Curtis Cab,Snow Blower, and Hydrostat. 225 hours on the unit 1989 Model.I'm going to sell mine or trade for another Brand. No Dealers and no one seems to know much about them. To much trouble trying to get information on it!!
I did go to the farm store and bought 5 Gallon of the fluid.
I live in So. Indiana and would make Some one agood deal