New Holland 273 Square Bailer

/ New Holland 273 Square Bailer #1  

sailorjc

I have just purchased a NH 273 bailer and was wondering if anyone knows where to get flywheel shear pins or what to use as a replacement. Also is there any particular web based company that sells parts?
Everything is working fine now but want to be ahead of the game in case something breaks while baling.

Thanks

/ New Holland 273 Square Bailer #2  
I have just purchased a NH 273 bailer and was wondering if anyone knows where to get flywheel shear pins or what to use as a replacement. Also is there any particular web based company that sells parts?
Everything is working fine now but want to be ahead of the game in case something breaks while baling.

Thanks

The best advise you will get is to use flywheel and knotter shearbolts only from New Holland and by the correct part number. 39716 for the flywheel bolt and 86578266 for the knotter shearbolt. Under $20 foR a bag of ten of each.

/ New Holland 273 Square Bailer #3  
RickB is right. Buy the New Holland bolts. I tried "generic" but they were too soft. Since buying the recommended bolt, I don't shear near as often but I feel like my baler is adequately protected from my operational lapses. I have an old dilapidated 273 as well. Kinda like an old dog, treat it kindly and move slowly, and everything goes smooth. Too much too fast and it bites you in the butt. Good Luck

/ New Holland 273 Square Bailer
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I'll give it a try next week for the first time and go slow.

/ New Holland 273 Square Bailer #5  
You can get them for about $1 each from messicks.com. I just ordered my hay season batch with some hay dog springs and got 'em in 3 days.