need mitsubishi starter for MT750

/ need mitsubishi starter for MT750 #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I have a friend that has a Mitsubishi MT750 3 cyl diesel that needs a starter.. his old one died and he sent it away to be repaired and they lost it!

the shop doesn't know where to get him one.

any ideas?

soundguy

/ need mitsubishi starter for MT750 #2  
Sure doesn't sound like much of a rebuild shop. They say they can't get him one, do they know what starter it needs? If you can get me either the Mitsubishi or even a Lester number, any number for that matter I can probably find one. I have a whole shelf full of alternator/starter rebuild catalogs and a list of suppliers to pick from.

/ need mitsubishi starter for MT750 #3  
Whatcha wanta bet that rebuild shop has a rebuilt Mitsubishi starter on the shelf for resale? (or used to have one until they sold it)

/ need mitsubishi starter for MT750 #4  
I have a friend that has a Mitsubishi MT750 3 cyl diesel that needs a starter.. his old one died and he sent it away to be repaired and they lost it!

the shop doesn't know where to get him one.

any ideas?

soundguy
Email me (not supposed to do business here). He will cry at the price. Personal advice, based on 15 years selling grey market tractors, repair it and sell it before it becomes a lawn ornament. If parts for Mitsubishi, Hinomoto, Iseki, Shibauara, etc. could be readily accessed, we would sell the tractors...they are good tractors....but they can't. I know someone will jump in and tell us about the parts they found at the local auto store, and I guarantee that IF it's true, it is the rare, rare exception. We get calls from people like your friend every week, sometimes every day. Most of them end up disappointed. OTOH, we have a 190 page catalog of aftermarket parts for grey Yanmars. We can fix almost anything on the models we sell.

If you want to email over the weekend, I'll likely answer, but can't get hard numbers until Tuesday (Japan is closed for the holiday weekend :rolleyes:)

/ need mitsubishi starter for MT750
I told him it was a more or less unsupported tractor, but he's got some sort of strange deal worked out with another guy for it's use.. I don't know which one of them 'owns' it.. but the guy I know is the one that needs to get the starter back on it.

I'm giving him your web page info and will have him call you direct after the holiday weekend.

good luck to both of you.

( diesel.. The actual starter is compleely gone and I can almost guarantee they didn't write down any info from it before sending it out. I relly think it should be the rebuilder doing all the legwork to find the starter.. but as my friend says.. grass is growing an dthe rebuilder gave up... apparentyl they rebuil it once and it didn't work, so it was sent back.. then lost.. )

soundguy

/ need mitsubishi starter for MT750 #6  
There is not an aftermarket starter for this model & OEM ones are very expensive. I believe i have a used one , but hate to loose my core.

/ need mitsubishi starter for MT750
Recap... a new one was found. but for one reason or another the guy didn't buy it ( price probabbly ).. and in the end.. he found a starter from a 2.4l 4 cyl 81 isuzu diesel that bolted up correctly, and had correct starter drive / tooth count.. unit is running.

soundguy