FEL Downpressure on L3010

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010 #1  

nathanelmo

Got my L3010 HST on Sat. and allready spread about 80 yds. of top soil w\fel and box scrapper. Machine is great! Question about down pressure on fel. Is it supposed to lift tractor front end off the ground w\hst trans? Mine does not or is very slow even with clutch in to eliminate hydro drag. (never used a hydro before) Any replys would be appreciated.
JIM

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010 #2  
Press the bucket against the ground, then curl it to lift the front end.

Pete (L3010HST with several bells and whistles)

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010 #3  
We have a 3010HST with a Bush Hog 2246QT FEL and it pops the front wheels right off the ground. The manual actually recommends not doing it very often as it puts a high load on the hydraulic seals.

Steve

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010 #4  
it won't if the bucket is in the horizontial position. put it in the full dump pos. and then lower it and it will raise it with no problem.

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010
I've tried putting bucket in full dump then apply down pressure. It raises very very slow even at higher RPM. It will raise by curling bucket. I know a bush hog loader will lift it - larger dia. pistons more force generated. I'll run it for a while and see what happens. Only 11 hrs on it. Any other replys or comments would be appreciated. Thanks

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010 #6  
First off, don't push in the clutch, this just weakens the Hydro pump performance. Second, you may want to check to see if the loader cylinders are already retracted to their maximum when the bucket is flush on the ground. You can tell this by where the paint line ends on the cylinder rod.

Lastly keep the bucket flat on the ground and then roll it forward. This will almost always raise the front wheels off the ground. If this doesn't work, then you need to get a gauge and check the PSI of the tractor/Loader.

Since it is not an OEM loader, it just may need an adjustment to the loader pressure relief valve.

Good Luck.

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010 #7  
How many RPMs are you turning? You have more power with more RPMs.

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010
with clutch in or out it wont raise w\ boom clys. long before I'm at the end of my travel, but bucket curl will raise it and boom clys. will hold. It is a kub 482 loader; I was just comparing to a BH loader because I'm familiar w\ its operation. This is my 3rd. kub w\ fel and over 3000 hrs. of operating time but my 1st HST. My other machines could lift w\ boom cyls. Kubota probably has a reason for regulating down pressure since it's not needed as much as lift force. Hydraulics aren't laboring so it leads me to believe there's a flo control in the valve body thus saving cyls unnecessary work. I'll check w\KUB and post.
thanks

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010 #9  
The HST is acting like a brake on the rear wheels. If you put the range selector into neutral you will see that the front end comes right up. With the range in gear the wheels can't turn and the loader hydraulics are fighting this.

I usually just press forward on the HST pedal slightly while trying to lift the front end and then there is no problem.

Kevin

/ FEL Downpressure on L3010 #10  
Not true on mine. Whethter in gear (HST) or neutral the loader lifts the front end right off the ground. In fact this is the best way I've determined to go from 4WD to 2WD but that's an entirely different subject..