Koehring Parsons Loader/Backhoe

/ Koehring Parsons Loader/Backhoe #1  

olde_cars

Does anyone have any information about this machine? I know it's a 1965 Koehring Parsons ; the label in the cab says it weighs 13,800 lbs, and has a 9 1/2 foot digging depth with the bucket. Beyond that I know nothing about it, engine information, how many years it was made, where the manuals can be found for it, The Machine runs very well, just looking for more information, parts manuals, diagrams, anything really. All info is welcome

Jamie, 412 848 6809

Attachments

• Backhoe1.JPG
    Backhoe1.JPG
    815.5 KB · Views: 2,218
  • Backhoe2.JPG
    Backhoe2.JPG
    762.7 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Backhoe3.JPG
    Backhoe3.JPG
    756.7 KB · Views: 1,344
   / Koehring Parsons Loader/Backhoe #2  
Minnpar's website says it has some Koehring parts; don't know if they have parts or manuals for yours, but the emails free if you still need one.
As to engine ID, does your rig have a tag on the bodywork anywhere that gives a model #?
Don't have much on Koehring, but it's all by model #. (I assume you've looked on the engine for an engine makers tag but haven't found any).
No ack/reply necessary if you already have everything you need. Good luck.

/ Koehring Parsons Loader/Backhoe #3  
Hi,

Did you have any luck in your search? I have one that looks just like yours. It's about a 1975 from checking the age of the engine which is a perkins. If you look at the injector pump on your engine you may find some numbers on there that will lead you to the engine maker. All the parts for the perkins are available. Also the shuttle and the four speed are borg warners and almost everything is available for them. These hoes might have been made for Koehring by Bantam. If you've found any info you could pass my way I'd sure like it. Not much out there on these. Yours looks the same as mine so maybe it's newer than you think?

Dennis

/ Koehring Parsons Loader/Backhoe #4  
I have an Operators Manual for The Parsons Model 166-13 or 166-15 Division of Koehring. The Engine is Perkins. The Transmission is T18 Borg-Warner with a T72 velvet drive. The rear inner brake drum assemblies are military 5ton parts. The electrical switches are still made today and so are the lights. I just need Correct diagrams for the hydraulic line layout, mine got crossed somewhere. I have more literature too.